Relax–it’s Friday! Start your weekend off right with these 20 free ways to lower stress, relax, and find joy in the everyday. Stress can completely wreck havoc on your weight loss efforts so take some time to do a few of these this weekend or combine them for total relaxation!
20 Free Ways to Relax
- DIY Facial—Do an at home mask, and a simple scrub; you can just add brown or white sugar to your regular face wash to make it a scrub.
- Soak your feet in a bath of Epsom salts or just plain water; give them a good rub down and a fresh coat of polish when you’re finished.
- Window shop! Visit your favorite store or a new boutique and browse around.
- Watch your favorite (guilty pleasure!) t.v. or a favorite movie you already own.
- Read a book.
- Journal about your day, focusing on the positive and releasing the negative.
- Take a walk—bonus points for bringing a 4 legged friend.
- Take a nap. Sometimes you just need some extra sleep.
- Listen to your favorite music—or use Spotify, or Pandora to find new music.
- Go to the library and read magazines.
- Make yourself a cup of tea—savor it in quiet.
- Listen to a podcast. I like Jillian Michaels, but anything inspiration is great!
- Do a free yoga workout from Yogadownload.com.
- Take a bubble bath or a detox bath.
- Meditate on Scripture or an inspiring quote.
- Youtube your favorite comedian and laugh till your stomach hurts.
- Cuddle something—husband, child, friend, cat, dog, stuffed animal.
- Go someplace beautiful and look around—parks, historical neighborhoods, lakes, woods–find a serene location and soak in it.
- Invite a friend (who doesn’t add drama to your life) over for coffee and catching up.
- Make an inspiration board of beautiful places you’d like to visit and feel free to daydream a little bit.
What is your favorite free way to relax?