Back at the beginning of the year I made goals for 2015 and now that we are officially halfway through the year I thought I would let you know how things are going, what goals I’ve modified, what goals I’ve quit, and what goals I’ve added. Goals are definitely flexible! Life happens and you may realize a goal you set was too lofty or isn’t something that fits in your life after all or your circumstances may have changed significantly in the past 6 months. Don’t fret. Your goals are for YOU! Don’t fear the goal refining process, use it as a way to hone your focus midyear and really zero in on what it is you want from this year. .
- Begin a prayer journal to record prayer requests and answered prayer. — This hasn’t happened and I’m actually okay with it. After a while I’ve learned not to force spiritual practices that aren’t “clicking” for me. I mean I’m definitely praying often, but not recording them anywhere.
- Spend time in the Word everyday. –Yes. Well, as often as possible and more days than not. Right now I’m using the She Reads Truth Bible study app to do a study of the women of the Bible.
- Continue deepening my relationship with Christ through Bible study, meditation, prayer, and spiritual community.
- Join a fall Bible Study.
- Keep up with biweekly date nights with Nate.–Yes! We’ve had a lot of fun together and recently scoped out a new place for some fun and active date nights in Kalamazoo! I think our favorite date night restaurant is Food Dance (local, organic farm-to-table food) or Erbellis (gourmet pizza). We’ve done movie dates, putt-putt dates, and just walking around Target dates. Anything together is fun!
- Deepen friendships and reach out to new people.–I think this is going well! I’ve met a lot of new people through MOPS and I’m being more intentional about asking people to meet up or hang out this year.
- Keep up date nights, really soak in being a mom to Layla (she’s growing up soo fast!), and each month have another couple or family over who we haven’t had dinner with before.
- Lose 30 pounds–I’ve lost 16 pounds since the start of the year, so halfway there! I lost weigh this year using Weight Watcheres for 13 Weeks and another Advocare 24 Day Challenge.
Run another 1/2 MarathonI decided to save this goal for another time and focus on losing weight, strength training, and running shorter distances. I ran my first post-baby 5K in May!
- Lose another 15 pounds, eat healthfully (limit white carbs, processed foods, sugar–lots of fruits & veggies, healthy fats & lean proteins–treats occasionally), and run 3 more races this year.
- 50% pageview increase–Yes! I actually have doubled my pageviews so far this year. What-what! Thank YOU for reading and sharing my posts and making this community what it is! The blog also went through a little facelift at the beginning of the year too!
- Earn $500 a month from blog –My monthly average for 2015 is $409. So I’m very close to getting that average and my main goal for the rest of the year is to diversify my blogging income. I’ve learned a lot through the Elite Blogging Academy! (To see more of how & why I utilize income streams on my blog check out my March, April, & May Blogging Income Reports.)
- Diversify my income, increase my pageviews to 30K by the end of the year, earn an average of $500 a month, and implement a free gift for email subscribers.
- Save $8,000–We are at $3,500, so not quite to the halfway point. We took a vacation and didn’t receive some money we were expecting, but I think we can still make this goal. We need to get back on the Dave Ramsey plan with the cash spending, it’s easy to justify little purchases here and there that add up quickly at the end of the month! I’m going to move our groceries, eating out, gas, and blow money into cash this month to help with the random spending.
- Get crafty!–My goal was to do 4 crafts this year, so I’ve made a wreath, rustic picture frame, rehabed an old photo frame and painted mason jars. It’s been fun to get back in touch with my crafty nature this year.
- Go on vacation. Like a real “just us” vacation. –YES!!! We went to St. Louis in April and it was fantastic.
Go on a couples weekend getaway in the late summer or fall. Stay creative & have fun!
Overall, it has been an awesome year and I’m proud of the progress I’ve made toward my 2015 goals! I hope you have an amazing Fourth of July weekend celebrating our country and the freedome we have here! USA-USA-USA!!