The first Monday of the new year! If you are waiting for the perfect time to start ___________ (fill in the blank) now would be the time. The beginning of the year is always a big reset for me…my birthday was a few weeks ago, then new years, and we also celebrated our wedding anniversary (7 years!!) yesterday so this is a time of year where I definitely spend time looking back–at what went well, what I enjoyed, what I accomplished, what I wish I accomplished–and setting new goals and intentions for the future. (Check out more about setting goals and get your goal planning worksheet!)
- Maintain 3 day a week workout schedule until our baby boy arrives.
- Complete Piyo and 21 Day Shred post baby
- Complete 2 5K runs and 1 10K run in the summer/fall
- Cultivate a humble heart to my Father. Embrace small.
- Continue serving as a MOPS table leader.
- Deepen my faith through reading the Word, prayer, service, and meditation.
- Pay off 1/2 of our car loan
- Selflessly serve my family. (Having a newborn is definitely a sacrificial, yet sweet time. I want to embrace it for all it is and allow God to grow me through this time and the joy a fuller house will bring.)
- Continue to date my husband through dates, overnight getwaways, and maybe even another mini vacation.
- Double my average monthly income and pageviews (lofty I know!)
- Create two e-books to help you simplify healthy living
- Set aside self care time, especially before and after the baby is born.
- Read more books and take more naps. 😀
I’ll keep you posted on my progress. I feel like my goals were less specific this year in some categories, mostly because it’s hard to know how the year will progress with a toddler and a new baby and truly my ultimate goal is to arrive at the end of this year with my family happy and healthy and with most of my sanity in tact.
My overarching word for this year is SERVE. It’s the word God placed on my heart and while I often think of God calling His children to serve in BIG, serious ways (mission trips, writing books, adopting orphans, speaking, leading) I know this year He is calling me to serve Him in the small (diapers, dishes, chats, home cooked meals, smiles, hugs and kisses). I will serve Him by loving my people well. While it may look mundane to some, the truth is in joyful service we look the most like Jesus and that is exciting! I’m also praying for new ways to serve others in my community and circle of friends, along with serving you, my readers, will helpful content and services to assist and inspire you to live healthy!
What is one goal you’d like to accomplish in 2016?