Fall is a great time to get outside and get active with your family! So get your pumpkin spice latte or hot apple cider, strap on your tall boots, layer on your cardigan and circle scarf, let’s really get out and bask in this fall! Use these 17 fall family fitness ideas to get started!
- Go hiking on a local trail! Use good old Google to find one in your area; many are stroller-friendly and have short out and back options. There is no place like the woods to enjoy fall’s splendor.
- Apple-picking! Great way to get moving, experience agriculture, and collect a delicious snack.
- Geocaching is a fun way to explore your neighborhood! Use an app to find secret treasure!
- Go to the zoo! Cooler weather is great for seeing lots of animals and you’ll avoid crowds.
- Take a walk around your neighborhood with your kids.
- Bike together! I can’t wait till Barrett is a little older so we can go on family bike rides!
- Play Ultimate Frisbee or Disc Golf. Take it easy on the kids. 😉
- Play tag.
- Go on a nature scavenger hunt walk looking for fall finds on a trail, at a park or in your neighborhood. Use my printable to make it extra easy!
- Throw the football back and forth.
- PLAY with your kids on the playground! Race! Tag! Hide! Do a pull-up!
- Navigate a corn maze.
- Catch leaves together. (Use them to make a craft afterwards if you’re feeling ambitious.)
- Rake leaves. Jump into pile. Repeat.
- Plant a mum or fall bulbs together.
- Do an urban scavenger hunt in a downtown area using my printable checklist!
- Do a 5K and/or family fun run together. Check to be sure it is family-friendly and if your kids are small bring a stroller just in case they get tired.
[tweetthis]Use these 17 fall family fitness ideas to have an active and FUN season!! #familyfitness[/tweetthis]
What are some of your favorite fall activities?