This easy, delicious grilled chicken marinade is so juicy and flavorful! You will want to add this grilled chicken recipe to your grilling game ASAP!
This recipe was originally published in July 2014. It was retested, rephotographed, rewritten, and republished for your enjoyment in May 2018.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
I love taking advantage of the warm summer weather by grilling (I’m sure you do too!). This is my all-time favorite way to cook chicken! The marinade is super-simple to make–no crazy ingredients, you should have everything you need to make this in your pantry already. Chicken on the grill can dry out quickly, but this chicken is juicy and packed with flavor.
Grilled Chicken Marinade
Grilled Chicken Marinade
- 1.5 cups water
- 1.5 cups vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons salt
- 1 Tablespoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1.5 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 4 chicken breasts
- Combine all ingredients and simmer over low heat. Allow to cool to room temperature. Place chicken in marinade and refrigerate at least 3 hours, but the longer the better. (Overnight works great!) Grill over medium heat, brushing occasionally with leftover marinade. Check temperature with meat thermometer; when breast reaches 165 degrees remove from grill and serve.
If you happen to need to make this recipe and a grill is not available there are two other ways you can make it that are equally amazing (and pretty darn easy too!).
- After letting chicken marinade for at least 4 hours place chicken and marinade in crockpot on low for 6 hours. (If your chicken breasts are larger you may need to adjust the cooking time or cut them in half.)
- After letting chicken marinade for at least 4 hours place chicken and all or part of the marinade on a baking dish. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes.
This chicken is so incredibly versatile too! You can add it sliced on top of pasta or in a salad or in a wrap or eat it on a bun as a chicken sandwich to rival Chick-fil-A! I’m a bit of a weirdo and can totally just eat this cold out of the fridge as a snack. ????????????????
We have been enjoying our new outdoor space at our house! It’s a nice area to chill and grill! Perfect for the grownups to watch the kids play in the yard, a nice spot to read a book, an al fresco breakfast spot, and it’s also becoming my summer workout spot!
What’s your favorite thing to grill in the summer?
Where’s your summer “spot”?
If you like this recipe I’d love it if you’d share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!