It’s been a while since I talked about baby products that I love so I thought I would share these amazing baby items that I still love for my toddler! These have definitely stood the test of time and are things worth investing in doing it right the first time around!
1. Rocking Chair
Your baby will never outgrow the need to be cuddled. Those early days a good rocker is awesome for soothing and calming your baby–there is just something about that movement! I still use our rocker to soothe Layla when she’s having a hard time falling asleep, teething, or just needs some extra loving. We also love to read books in it now that she is older too. I actually want to get a new rocker, ours is great, but not the most comfy. This plush version from Babies R Us would be my dream rocker!
2. Board books
I loved reading books to Layla when she was just itty-bitty. Sometimes as a new mom during her awake periods I literally didn’t know what to do with her, there was only so much conversation I could come up with in my bleary mind, so I would just read to her! She still loves so many books, but The Very Hungry Caterpillar and Moo, Baa, Lalala and also this Noah’s Ark board book have been in her top tier all along.
3. Jogging Stroller
I have absolutely no regrets when it comes to buying my jogging stroller. It is a Babytrend Jogger and it has a latch in infant carrier so I could take her out on walks right away. She loved to look around and enjoy the movement of a walk or run when I was able to. Now we still love to walk and run and Layla completely digs being in her stroller! Off roading is no problem with the big wheels and I’m sure there is still lots of adventures left to be had in our jogging stroller.
4. Soft blankets
When Layla was a baby I would often use soft blankets to cover her when we went in and out of places, to wrap her in, and to provide a clean surface for her to lay on if we were out and about (or if mama couldn’t remember the last time she vacuumed!). They are so soft and the perfect size! We still use them in the car for extra warmth and she has one particular one that is her “lovey” and sleep trigger now.
5. Video Monitor
I still remember the first night Layla slept in her crib and not in our room. I checked the video monitor a dozen times. It was so reassuring that I could SEE and hear her! The nice people at Levana were so nice to send me one of their Sophia Video Monitor’s to review and I highly recommend getting a video monitor for your little on or toddler!
Some things I love about the Levana Sophia Video Monitor:
- Clear picture! The picture looks awesome and super-sharp! You don’t have to guess about what is going on.
- Peek setting lets you conserve battery by going to sleep when your child has gone a few minutes without sound or movement. You can also check in anytime by pushing the home button. Sometimes you just want to make sure their swaddle is right or they haven’t gotten a foot stuck in a crib slat or sometimes you just want to see their angelic sleeping selves.
- I also love that it has night vision and a soft night light option.
- It has a thermostat! Sometimes I worry if Layla is “too hot, too cold, or just right” in our older home. The thermostat is awesome for that.
- Long battery life. The battery lasts up to 48 hours which is amazing. One of the complaints I had about our old monitor is that I couldn’t bring it downstairs with me without the charger. I would inevitably forget the charger or let the battery die out. With the Sophie video monitor I charge it each night and then it is good to go all day long!
- I can get so much more done knowing I can “peek in” on Layla anytime! This is a biggie for me! I love that I can easily see if that little cry was an “I need mama” moment or just a little stir that she can work through on her own. Being “mom” is my number one job, but having the video monitor helps me focus and get busy on my number 2-200 jobs!
The nice folks at Levana are actually GIVING AWAY a Sophia Video Monitor! Use the link to enter:
If you’re interested, but not feeling lucky you can use this link to purchase the Sophia Video Monitor for yourself!
They grow up so fast don’t they?! I can’t believe over a year has past since our daughter was born. Layla is definitely keeping me on my toes as a toddler, but I’m so grateful for each day!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Levana. The opinions and text are all mine.