So I wanted to share 15 of my favorite pieces of Monday encouragement and motivation to brighten up your day. Monday’s can absolutely be the worst. But you can also always shift your perspective.
So get your coffee.
You can do this. Get ready to turn your Monday around.
15 Pieces of Encouragement for Your Monday Morning.
This quote from Anne of Avonlea is perfect for Monday. No matter what this weekend was like for you…no matter if you ran 10 miles or lay on the couch eating doritos or something in between, it is never too late to start over.
2. A negative mind will never create a positive life.
There are so many beautiful ways to say this and I love them all; but I love how simple this truth is. You have to be the brightness, the positivity, choose the joy and nurture the good and beautiful in your life.
3. Your big opportunity may be right where you are now.
Don’t keep looking ahead for “the next big thing”– love, embrace and make the most of where you are.
- How can you be creative today?
- How can you live your life mission NOW?
- What is in front of you that you haven’t stepped up to yet?
As a mom I’m often tempted to think that these little one years are just something I have to “get through” to get back to my calling, but this is it.
This is my calling, my life’s work, my biggest ministry. Right here. Right now. The poopy diapers, the cheerios, the kisses, the books, the hugs, the whines, the laughter–this is the real, rich stuff of life.
4. You have to be brave with your life so that others can be brave with theirs.
You–yeah you, with your hair in a ponytail, needs a nap, hasn’t gotten a manicure in a year, only reads board books–you are an inspiration.
So are you office gal who gets up early, types at a computer, runs during lunch, and still has the energy to make the Starbucks kid smile.
Someone is watching you now and wondering how you do it.
You are inspiring: serving with a smile, staying fit, being patient, paying bills, building an empire and loving on your family. You are beautiful and brave. And I love it.
5. Keep moving forward.
You knew this one was coming, right? Last week I had a weight gain. Annoying. Part of me wanted to sigh say “of course”, throw my hands up, and throw in the towel.
But I didn’t.
I doubled down and kept moving forward. Sometimes a step backward brings you two steps forward.
So on the days you feel like quitting, don’t quit. Chin up. Big girl panties on. And move forward. One day you’ll look back and be glad you did.
6. We cannot all do great things. But we can do small things with great love. -Mother Teresa.
Right where you are, do what you can– with love.
7. Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow. -Helen Keller
Your perspective is everything. Keep looking for the light, keep looking for the good.
8. The vision must be followed by the venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps–we must step up the stairs. -Vance Havner
A plan is a good thing. A plan in motion is a great thing.
9. Don’t dig up in doubt what you planted in faith. -Elisabeth Elliot
Keep trusting, keep believing–hold faith for what you have planted.
10. I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. –
Focus on what matters today.
11. Courage, dear heart. -C.S. Lewis
Courage, my friend. Sometimes there is nothing for it, but to do it. Be brave. Be kind. Hold onto hope.
12. Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain. -Vivian Greene.
There are inevitably going to be hard times– find joy anyways. Smile in the little moments, know the frustrations will pass because life goes so quickly.
13. This is your monday morning reminder you can handle anything this week throws at you.
You’ve got this! *deep breath* Take it one moment at a time.
14. Sometimes the bravest and most important thing you can do is show up. -Brene Brown
That you’re here is enough.
15. You make the world a better place just by being in it.
Never doubt that you add to this world just by being you. You don’t have to achieve to earn your worth–you are intrinsically worthy and beloved by Creator God.
What is one of your favorite motivational or encouraging quotes?