Hey! So if you remember last week we started the Advocare 24 Day Challenge, which begins with a 10 day cleanse. We are now finished with the cleanse portion! A quick rundown of what the cleanse portion involved:
Katie (breastfeeding modification)
- Morning fiber drink–drink it fast or it’ll get thick, but not too bad. Take probiotic.
- 30 minutes later eat healthy breakfast, take omegaplex (Omega 3 supplement) and multivitamin with iron.
- Eat a mid-morning snack of apple and peanut butter
- Eat healthy lunch (protein, carb & vegetable)
- Drink a spark (energy enhancer loaded with good stuff!)
- Eat a healthy snack–banana and almonds
- Dinner (protein, carb, & vegetable
- Evening snack of fruit and healthy fat, if hungry.
- Take an additional omegaplex before bed.
I never saw a dip in my milk supply and have felt great so far!
Nate did the regular version; he didn’t take the fiber drink everyday and he took an additional fiber cleanse pill before bed. Technically, the carbs at dinner were optional for him, but he pretty much ate them every night and still had great results. He also utilized the meal replacement shakes more often for breakfast since he’s normally running out the door for work.
In full disclosure on Saturday night we ate pizza and drank pop with our family after a busy day of work on our house. We knew it, owned it and got right back at it afterwards.
Advocare 10 Day Cleanse Results:
Weight Loss: 5.4 pounds
Inches Lost: 2.75 inches
I didn’t get the exact same shot head-on, but again I definitely see it more in my jawline area. And I like my hair better with bangs! Lol! Anyways, we are only partway through…here are Nate’s results!
Weight Loss: 11 pounds
Inches Lost: 2.75 inches
Overall I’m really happy with our results so far! There are NO magic pills and we definitely have been doing the work by eating clean. I think the great thing about the supplements and shakes is that they helped reduce the intensity of cravings and really support the healthy eating piece. Yes, I wanted cupcakes. But I was never really hungry. And I didn’t get sugar withdrawl headaches. I was religious about drinking my water too!
My goal for the Max Phase of the Advocare 24 Day Challenge is to workout 5 days a week–with moving it has been tough to fit in workouts! But I want to make it a priority and really hone in for the last two weeks. #letsdothis
Let me know if you have any questions–and you can browse the Advocare products if you’re interested. I did lots of internet-stalking before I decided to start the challenge! haha!