|

Advocare 24 Day Challenge Round 2 Results

Hey there! So I wrapped up the last day of my second Advocare 24 Day Challenge on Monday. It was interesting to me that the first time around we went through the stressful life change of moving and this time around we unexpectedly lost my Grandpa during the challenge. There is never a “perfect” time to implement healthy changes, you just have to go for it, come what may. Sometimes those life challenges are the best time to be taking great care of your body.

On to the “good stuff” though, the results!

I lost 5 pounds and 4 inches in 24 Days! 

And in total since November 2014 I have lost 17 pounds.  I’m proud of how far I’ve come and even though I sometimes get fixated on how far I have to go, I’m making progress and that is what counts. (Just keeping it real: I did lose and regain and relose the same 5 pounds in that period too. That is the imperfectly part of this healthy life!) Also, I’ll post my comparison pictures soon…my photographer is busy with our camp orientation so his photography duties have slipped down the flow chart of things to be done.

I think one of the biggest things I’m proud after completing the challenge is how I have reduced my cravings for sugar and junk food. It’s so easy for junk and even “healthified” junk to sneak in until I am constantly moving from sugar rush to carb craving.  Yesterday I did enjoy a few of the “off limits” food from the challenge (pizza and a warm chocolate chip cookie), but overall, I don’t foresee a change in my eating habits from “challenge food” (No processed food, sugar or refined carbs. Eating lots of fresh fruit, lean protein, veggies, healthy fats, and a limited amount of dairy and healthy carbs)  I still want to eat basically what I have been eating, just a few treats every once in awhile. Most folks call that 80/20 style of eating. 80% healthy and nourishing food and the other 20% not-so-healthy food. So that is what I am semi-aiming for and if I had to put a label on it what I am “doing”. But really I’m just doing life.

staypatient

I’m still going to keep taking similar Advocare supplements which includes a daily vitamin, omega 3 supplements, and probiotic. And spark. Got to have that spark in my life. It was soo good to drink my morning cup of coffee again though! I may experiment with some bulletproof coffee too! Maybe. Those paleo types feel free to give me advice on bulletproofing my joe.

My current workouts this past week have been a bit non-existant, but I’ve been struggling with a sinus infection and some weird sleep issues so I really don’t care. Haha! Literally the other night I could not sleep until 5am. I am NOT kidding. It was horrible. I eventually got up and cleaned and then took some Nyquil. So pending my head not feeling like it’s exploding and normal sleep patterns, I’ll be getting back to my normal running/strength training rhythm soon.

mother daughter running

While I want to continue losing weight, I am at peace with where I am. I struggled for awhile with guilt and shame over how slowly I’ve lost my baby weight. But here is the thing: becoming a mother was one of the most physiscally challenging and emotionally challenging events of my life so far. I loved this post by Krysten and in it she says,

“I was tired of fighting. And a big part of me was tired of caring. I didn’t care about healthy meal prep. I didn’t really care about racing or training. I needed a break. It {emotional eating} was what I needed for a little while. I needed that simple comfort. I needed that easy win.

Reading that clicked something for me. No, I hadn’t lost someone like Krysten had, but I had gained a whole new person (cute lil thing that she is!) and a new identity and it really was okay for that to be my focus and not healthy eating or whipping myself back into shape. There is a time and season for everything. I needed this reminder:

begentle

 

At some point you are ready to re-embrace a healthy lifestyle and you have the room in your life to make it happen. I definitely got to that place and LOVE being there! It’s where I look and feel my best and I find so much joy in moving and fueling my body with nutritious foods!

Similar Posts

2 Comments

    1. Hi Diane! I don’t count carbs but you could put the recipes into maybe like calorie counter.com or another similar site and find them. Thanks for reading!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.