Spring is almost here and that means it is time to dust off the grill! I love grilling because it means I rope my husband into cooking dinner and I get to relax a bit! The last few times we’ve gone out to eat my husband and I have both chosen burgers, which inspired these Bacon Avocado Burgers.
The gooey cheese, crispy bacon, juicy burger, and creamy avocado make for a delicious flavor and texture experience. These burgers are seriously crazy, couldn’t-put-it down-if-you-wanted-to good!
The base burger recipe is my go-to way to prepare hamburgers because it has just the right amount of flavor without being overpowering. Speaking of the hamburgers, I used organic lean ground beef for these patties. I definitely believe the quality of your ingredients affects the quality of your finished burger. I also chose to use thick peppered bacon from our local meat market and it is divine. I’d recommend looking for a thicker bacon to add to these burger, and the peppered style if you can find it. It is truly worth it! Also, for the love of all that is holy and good, do not put processed American cheese product on these burgers. Just don’t. You’ll break my heart.
In this recipe you’ll also find an awesome seasoning my husband introduced me to: Dale’s Steak Sauce. This stuff is awesome for marinating any meat, and I use it to add a great pop of flavor to almost any recipe using ground beef! You can find it in most grocery stores near the steak and barbecue sauce, or if not-Amazon to the rescue!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon minced onion
- 1 Tablespoon Dale's Steak Sauce
- 1/2 pound peppered bacon
- 1 avocado
- Cheddar Cheese slices
- Combine ground beef, garlic powder, minced onion and Dale's steak sauce. Mix until thoroughly blended. Break into four equal sections. Press into patties. Grill patties for 4-5 minutes on each side until cooked to your preferred level of "doneness".
- Place bacon on the grill at the same time and cook until crispy. (You can alternately cook in the oven or in a frying pan.)
- Right before removing burgers place cheddar cheese on top and let melt. Remove meat from the grill.
- Slice avocado. Layer burger and cheese, bacon and avocado on a bun. Serve hot and fresh!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
[tweetthis]Bacon Avocado Burgers – This delicious burger is perfect for spring grilling and is bursting with flavor! #foodie[/tweetthis]
I am so excited for warmer days ahead spent in our backyard and deck chowing down on these amazing Bacon Avocado Burgers and chilling with my little family. Spring can’t get here fast enough!
What is your favorite thing to grill? Are you a fancy burger person?
When you make this recipe you might need…
Chimney Starter for Charcoal Grill – This is a brilliant way to speed up the charcoal process. My husband loves his!
You Had Me at Bacon Apron – The cutest! This shop has tons of cute grilling apron designs!