This easy blackberry cobbler–it’s so delicious, incredibly simple to make, and everyone raves over it! It’s my go-to dessert for busy days! You can make it with fresh or frozen berries too!
They are all perfect examples of a classic Americana summertime dessert!
This lazy day blackberry cobbler is so beautiful with it’s warm golden crust and dots of fresh blackberries, and if you top it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream– I swear heaven starts singing!
Learning how to make blackberry cobbler from scratch is really quite simple.
- First you melt a stick of butter in a baking dish.
- Then you combine your dry and wet ingredients to make a sweet batter.
- Next you add the blackberries on top of the melted butter.
- Finally top the butter and blackberries with your batter, and bake until golden.
Can you use frozen blackberries in this cobbler?
Yes! You can use frozen blackberries in this easy cobbler recipe! Defrost them preferably overnight in the refrigerator or you can do it at room temperature or defrost them in the microwave. Be sure to strain off any excess juice.
Just be sure to place them in a bowl before defrosting! Otherwise you will have blueberry juice EVERYWHERE. I promise, it is not easy to clean up from your fridge or countertop!
Can I make this cobbler recipe with a different fruit?
I kind of have the corner on fruit creativity with this recipe, but I guess I’ll allow it. 😉 Yes, you absolutely can use a different fruit, especially a different berry like raspberry or blueberry or even a sweet cherry would be absolutely delicious!
Does this blackberry cobbler need refrigerated?
Cover your blackberry cobbler with plastic wrap or tin foil and it can last on the counter for 12 hours. Anything longer than that and I would refrigerate it (covered).
I placed our blackberry cobbler leftovers in the refrigerator overnight and had a piece cold and served with a vanilla Greek yogurt for breakfast and I’m not gonna lie, it was amazing!
There really isn’t a wrong way to enjoy this homemade blackberry cobbler recipe!
This easy blackberry cobbler whips up quick as a flash and is always a crowd-pleaser!
Seriously, people rave CONSTANTLY about it when I make it! It’s perfect to top off a summer evening with friends or a low key night hanging out with your family.
I also love it’s buttery sweetness paired with a strong cup of coffee–either pairing is delicious! Or don’t pick between the two and just enjoy some coffee, cobbler and ice cream all together!
My best advice when eating this cobbler is to slow down and savor it fully!
Well, my mouth is watering right now! How about yours? You seriously won’t regret making this lazy day blackberry cobbler!
If you love enjoyed this recipe be sure to share it with your friends and family on Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, carrier pigeon…all the usual places!!
Want to remember this blackberry dessert for later? Pin it to your favorite Pinterest recipe board! >>> The Best Blackberry Cobbler
What is your favorite type of cobbler? If you enjoy this recipe I’d love for you to leave a rating and review!
Blackberry Cobbler Recipe
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 cups blackberries
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Heat oven to 350. Melt butter in oven in a 2 quart, 8x11 baking dish. (Yes! Just do it!) Or melt butter over stovetop and pour into baking dish.
- Mix flour, 1 cup sugar, salt, and baking powder. Add milk gradually until a smooth batter forms. Spoon batter into baking dish on top of butter until the butter is covered with batter.
- In a separate bowl sprinkle lemon juice on blueberries. Top the batter evenly with blueberries mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until cobbler is light brown across the entire dish. Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g