I’m a huge fan of anything spicy and this buffalo chicken wrap is an easy + healthy + perfectly spicy match made in taste bud heaven! These wraps use shredded buffalo chicken, fresh romaine, ranch, and a sprinkle of blue cheese–wrap them in a traditional wrap or lettuce wrap for a fresh and simple lunch!
A few years ago I created one of my best, faithful standby, “I will always love you”, easy and healthy dinner recipes — Buffalo Chicken Bowls! I love them so much and you can often find me eating the shredded buffalo chicken straight from the fridge with a fork.
Another one of my favorite ways to also enjoy the buffalo chicken is in a wrap! You can create your wrap with a classic wrap (I used Sun Dried Tomato Basil), tortilla shells (no frills), or a lettuce wrap (healthiest choice!). You really can’t go wrong with this crazy easy recipe!
If you are also a fan of easy, healthy, sanity-saving recipes be sure to grab your FREE WEEK of my Real Food Comfort Food Meal Plan!!
I made this resource for busy mom’s just like you and I think you’ll love it!! You’ll get a week’s worth of great recipes, your grocery list planned out for you, a step-by-step meal prep guide, plus leftover ideas, side dish tips and more!
The first part is of course prepping the shredded buffalo chicken in the slow cooker. It seriously couldn’t be easier, it just takes a bit of time. I like making a batch of the chicken early on in the week and using it throughout the week for wraps, chicken bowls, salad toppings, and baked potato toppings!
This is my lazy way to meal prep. Just make a big batch when you are already planning on making something and use or freeze the excess for another meal!
The instructions to make this yummy buffalo chicken wrap are really quite simple!
- Prep buffalo chicken in the slow cooker. The smell of this is soooo good!!
- Choose your wrap! I share more details on this below, but pick what’s best for your unique tastes and physical health!
- Spread a light layer of ranch over the wrap.
- Add buffalo chicken, romaine lettuce, and blue cheese to the center of the wrap. Don’t be afraid to fill it up!! Messy wraps are good wraps!
- Fold the left side in towards the center over the ingredients, fold up the bottom, then fold the right side toward the center as well. You should have a nice little pocket so none of your yummy ingredients will fall out the other end!
Buffalo Chicken Wrap
Buffalo Chicken Wraps
- Slow cooker
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (I use Frank's Red Hot)
- 1 tsp garlic
- 3 wraps, tortillas, or large lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup blue cheese
- 1 tbsp ranch
- 1/2 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- Combine chicken breasts, hot sauce, and garlic in slow cooker and cook for 6 hours on low or 3 hours on high.
- Shred chicken using two forks or stand mixer.
- Place Tablespoon ranch, 1/2 cup shredded chicken, blue cheese sprinkle and handful romaine on large wrap, tortilla or lettuce wrap. Carefully wrap up and secure with toothpick if desired. Serve warm or cold. (I love it either way!!)
I hope you enjoy these yummy buffalo chicken wraps! You may be wondering if these are “really” healthy?
Are buffalo chicken wraps healthy?
I think the answer is “it depends”. It depends on what you put into them and it depends on your unique body. I’m learning more and more that health and wellness is not one size fits all.
So the shredded buffalo chicken is very “clean”–no added sugar, whole 30 friendly, keto-friendly, diabetic-friendly, basically this shredded buffalo chicken is the one explicably cool kid in high school who is friends with everyone, all the teachers like him, and gets good grades without trying. (Spoiler alert: I wasn’t that person.)
Full fat dairy like blue cheese is great if dairy agrees with you! This poor girl is dairy free, so to make it healthier FOR MY BODY I would also sprinkle some vegan cheese on top instead of blue cheese. Make no doubt about it, I want the blue cheese. It’s the best choice for this wrap, and I adore blue cheese, but we are broken up right now.
You may also prefer a store bought low carb wrap, a gluten free wrap, a lettuce wrap depending on your unique physical makeup. You can use conventional ranch in moderation or you may choose to use a paleo ranch or organic ranch. The awesome news is you get to make this buffalo chicken wrap your own!
Where can I shop for healthier buffalo chicken ingredients?
You can use Amazon’s Prime subscribe and save option to keep your kitchen stocked with all your favorite at a discount! You guys know I’m such a huge Amazon Prime girl — I think I’m the one they make all the memes about. 😆 You can Get a FREE 30 Day Trial of Amazon Prime to try it out with no strings attached! Living in a small town I get a lot of specialty health products and specialty ingredients from Amazon since they aren’t often available out here in the cornfields!
If you are interested in a slightly cheaper option for specialty healthy ingredients check out Thrive Market! It is full of lots of clean, organic, options that are perfect for those with specialty diets– or anyone just looking for healthier options! You can try a free trial too!
I hope you enjoy these delicious and healthier buffalo chicken wraps! My mouth seriously waters for this shredded buffalo chicken and I hope you enjoy it in wrap form! If you love spicy flavor be sure to check out these other recipes too!
Tell me– do you love buffalo chicken as much as I do? What’s your favorite way to enjoy?
If you like this post be sure to pin it for later here!