This playlist is full of country workout songs that are fast and fun! Crank them up on your next gym session, run or when you need to get the house cleaned fast!!
Updated August 2019
I am a country girl at heart. No, not a “country girl” that owns cowboy boots, but a country girl that owns waders for the real messy work of country life, like shoveling manure or dealing with an overflowing water tank or baling hay.
I grew up on a “hobby farm” in Indiana. We always had some kind of farm animals as long as I could remember: pigs, beef cows, and even a few sheep before my Dad decided our specialty would be goats.
I am a 10 year 4-H member and the 4-H fair was a huge part of our summers growing up!
Every morning and evening my siblings and I would spend about an hour doing chores–feeding, milking, watering and caring for our animals. Chores took place no matter what and if we “missed” chores we missed dinner. I remember when I was 13 and we brought a boom box down to the barn so we could listen to music while we chored. 93.3 was the country music station and we blared it as we milked, talked, fought (let’s be real) and worked together.
In a lot of ways country music is the soundtrack of my growing up years and I love it. I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea. But I love it. And it speaks to me. And it’s fun.
I normally don’t listen to country music while I’m doing a workout, but I’ve been making an exception lately. There are some really good fast country songs that are so fun to run or workout to and I’ve thrown in some old favorites on this list too!
Hopefully you enjoy it and if you aren’t a country fan you’ll give this country workout songs playlist a fair chance–it’s pretty fun!
40 of the BEST Country Workout Songs
- Mama’s Broken Heart – Miranda Lambert
- Kick the Dust Up – Luke Bryan
- This is How We Roll – Florida Georgia Line
- Little Red Wagon – Miranda Lambert
- Crushin’ It – Brad Paisely
- Save a Horse (Ride a Cowboy) – Big & Rich
- Cruise – Florida Georgia Line
- That’s My Kind of Night – Luke Bryan
- What Was I Thinkin’ – Dierks Bentley
- 5-1-5-0 – Dierks Bentley
- Put You In A Song – Keith Urban
- Love Don’t Live Here – Lady Antebellum
- Somebody Like You – Keith Urban
- Ready to Run – Dixie Chicks
- Anything Goes – Florida Georgia Line
- Boondocks – Little Big Town
- Up Down – Florida Georgia Line
- Backroad Song – Granger Smith
- House Party – Sam Hunt
- Leave the Night On – Sam Hunt
- Chicken Fried – Zac Brown Band
- Barefoot Blue Jean Night – Jake Owen
- Something Bout a Truck – Kip Moore
- Nothin’ Like You – Dan + Shay
- All I Want To Do – Sugarland
- Sideways – Dierks Bentley
- Stuck Like Glue – Sugarland
- Settlin’ – Sugarland
- I Wanna Talk About Me – Toby Keith
- Mountain Music – Alabama
- Something More – Sugarland
- Wagon Wheel – Darius Rucker
- Fishin’ In The Dark – Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
- Fast Cars and Freedom – Rascal Flatts
- Sunshine & Whiskey – Frankie Ballard
- Here for the Party – Gretchen Wilson
- Miss Me More – Kelsea Ballerini
- Fastest Girl In Town – Miranda Lambert
- If You’re Goin’ Through Hell- Rodney Atkins
- Something About a Truck – The Deep Dixie Boys
You can also check out the full playlist on Spotify, there you can save it to your account for your next run and you can follow me too if you’d like! (Update 2019: I keep this playlist updated with new, upbeat running country songs and have added quite a bit to it! It only keeps getting better!)
Today is actually National Running Day so I encourage you to get this playlist and head out for a run! If you’ve never ran before, maybe just add some easy running for 20-30 seconds to your walk or run in place in between workout sets. Every little bit counts!
Also, if you are looking for a good plan to build up your running I really like this Finish It 5K plan from anothermotherrunner.com.
Do you like listen to country music when running? Anyone else out there with some country roots?