Hey there! This post was supposed to go live on Wednesday, but something went wild with the scheduling on wordpress, and I got a little busy so you are seeing it today. 🙂
The Expecting More dvd was provided to me free of charge in exchange for this review and giveaway. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Everyone knows they should workout while pregnant. It’s one of those things you here right from the beginning! There are great benefits to staying fit during your pregnancy:
- shortens labor
- decreases recovery time
- improves sleep
- can lessen aches and pains
- increases overall happiness and lessens anxiety
Although we know we should I’m a living testament that even the most active person can struggle to maintain their workout routine during pregnancy. Between the aches and pains, nausea, fatigue, swelling, and cravings—it’s easy to let it slide. One thing that helps is to have a plan, in particular a plan that helps you avoid excuses.
Enter Expecting More, a pregnancy workout dvd that is really a whole fitness system for your entire pregnancy. Expecting More includes 6 workouts that cover strength, flexibility, and cardio so you can get a comprehensive, full body workout that you won’t leave you bored! The dvd also comes with a workout schedule built for each trimester!
What I liked about Expecting More…
- Positive energy of Sarah, the instructor
- All the workouts incorporated a lot of squats which I think is a great emphasis for pregnancy!
- I liked the variety included in the program! So many options!
- I also appreciated that even though each workout focused on different areas, Sarah hit all the body areas each workout. So the Upper Body workout isn’t going to let your legs rest—they’ll stay engaged!
- The dvd format is perfect for bad weather, late nights, or “I just don’t have time” days and with the digital downloads you can take your workouts anywhere!
- There were some great, creative exercises and combinations.
- I also liked that there was a countdown in the corner, so you knew how much longer you had to go!
What I thought could be improved…
- Some of the workouts had other women working out with Sarah doing various modifications, but not all of them—I’d love to see all the videos with this!
- There were some sections where participants were encouraged to “have fun and be sexy” and those parts just weren’t really “me”. Nothing wrong with that, just not me and how I approach my workout.
I’m so happy that I got this dvd! I only wish I had gotten it earlier during my pregnancy, but I also think these will be great post-partum as well!
Win a Workout!
And I’m super-happy to let you know that I am also giving away a free download of one of the Expecting More or Sweat Unlimited workouts to one of my readers! Enter below to win!