Welcome to Friday!! Hope you made it here safe and sound or at least with 50% of your sanity in tact. 😉 We don’t have a lot planned for this weekend–just getting back into normal stuff–we may hit up the farmers market again, but I’m not sure we may just take it easy at home. Not having plans feels really good actually! Ok, now on to the Friday Loves for this week!
1. Manitoba Harvest Smoothie–I was sent some free flavors to try as a SweatPink Ambassador and I must say I like how they blended up in a smoothie. No weird aftertaste of chalky flavor and the vanilla was especially subtle. I tried the chocolate just plain with almond milk and I wasn’t a big fan of it plain, but in a smoothie it was delish! This smoothie was 2 frozen bananas, 3/4 cup frozen blueberries, vanilla protein powder, and a large handful (about a cup) of greens and 1/2 cup of almond milk. Yum! Also Manitoba Harvest is offering my readers 20% off their purchase of Pro70 vanilla or chocolate protein powder using code sweatpinkpro70! How sweet!
2. Sweet Chili Garlic Chicken Pizza–You guys know I LOVE my pizza so I’m pretty sure I’m going to have to try this recipe. The flavors are so unique!
3. Life Lessons While Baking Cookies–one of my favorite posts, ever. Sums up so much about the “caught not taught” lessons we learn from each other.
4. Time with my baby girl–it’s going fast but we are having so much fun! I’m loving my cut back work schedule which means more mama and baby time! We went shopping for some baby clothes yesterday and I must say that I’m excited about our future mother/daughter shopping trips. Also, there are such things as baby moccasins and boots. I’m going to go broke. Also, we tried sleep training this week and mama is not strong enough for it. 😛 Layla sleeps well through the night, so it is a big deal that I hold her while she falls asleep? Moms did you rock your babies to sleep and then have trouble with them getting out of bed/going to bed later?
5. “Girl in a Country Song”–everything is soo spot on (Country music loves a good cliche) and hilarious and it’s just so fun! #notjustaprettyface Also, am I the only person in the world NOT into “Shake It Off” by Taylor Swift?
6. Running–I’m finding joy in my runs again and it is fantastic! I may buy some new shoes, cause my knees have been super sore and tight after runs and well, it’s probably well past time for new running shoes. I will probably get them at Gazelle Sports, our fabulous local running store.
7. Budgets–I feel weird saying it but I love budgets. Maybe because I am a bit of a control freak. And budgets make me feel in control. But really, there is so much empowerment in planning where your money goes and making it work for you, not against you. Nate and I have a plan to save up for some new furniture in the near-ish future and a new car (mom-mobile) in the more remote future; and having those goals in minds even makes saving money fun!
So there are my five Friday loves for you! Hope you have a weekend that is relaxing and fun or productive and fun or a little of both. 😀
Do you have a favorite pair of running shoes?
Are you saving for anything exciting?
Disclaimer: I received the Manitoba Harvest Pro70 protein powder to review free of charge. All opinions are my own.
Linking up to Five Things Friday, even though I have 7 things, I’m a rebel like that. Also linking to Fitness Fridays!