Get creative with this yummy & healthy recipe for veggies on the grill! These easy grilled vegetables are perfect for a healthy summer side dish and whip up fast on the grill with just a few ingredients!
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Read my full disclosure policy to learn more.
If you haven’t noticed yet I am all about easy and healthy recipes.
I like to use fresh, whole ingredients and cook from scratch when I can, but I am not about slaving away over a hot stove, especially during summer!
Thus we end up using our grill a LOT during summer! (And heck, my George Foreman grill is out at least once a week year round!)
These easy grilled veggies are simple to make up with your favorite summer vegetables of all varieties.
In this mix I had cherry tomatoes, green pepper, mushrooms, and potatoes. I also love adding zucchini and summer squash when I have it on hand! Onions mix in there great too or even asparagus!
RELATED: Cheddar Burgers with Southwest Sauce
The tomatoes in this batch were definitely for Layla! She’s the only person in the family that likes them.
I read once (on the internet so God knows if it’s actually true or not!) that liking tomatoes comes down to genetics and some people with a certain gene can taste a slightly bitter note in them that others can’t.
I’m not sure it that is true, but fresh tomatoes are NOT my thing! Or Nate’s!
But we both like tomato sauces and tomato based products so maybe we are the crazy ones! In any case I’m glad Layla likes tomatoes in spite of us.
As a mom I really want my daughter to like healthy vegetables and maybe because I have this healthy living blog I feel this extra pressure for her love veggies, but she just doesn’t like very many.
She adores fruit; she literally is obsessed with grapes, strawberries and bananas. She’d take them over a cookie any day.
But vegetables…not so much. And even then she will sometimes eat one and then not want it if I fix it again. What?!?
But then I remembered that really at 10 years old if you asked me what vegetables I liked I would probably name five: corn, green beans, iceburg lettuce, carrots, celery and maybe squash.
It really wasn’t till I was in my late teens that I began to like a lot of vegetables that I love now like onions, green pepper, zucchini, summer squash, spinach, and other “exotic” lettuces.
Even as an adult I am pretty picky about vegetables…I mean I’ll EAT almost anything (but not broccoli, don’t get me started there!) but there are still a lot out there I don’t have tons of love for.
My point is that my palate is constantly expanding and so will my child’s. And if she wants to live on strawberries, bananas and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches there are a lot worse things in life.
Wow, okay, well that got long….on to the recipe! I hope if you got bored of that parenting tirade/personal history you just skipped ahead to this part.
My feelings are not hurt at all.
Easy Grilled Vegetables
- 4 cups assorted chopped vegetables I used 1 green pepper,1 package mushrooms, 2 potatoes, 6-8 cherry tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 teaspoons seasoning of your choice We like using Lawry's seasoning salt, a mesquite seasoning blend we have, a lemon pepper blend, and mixing half garlic and half fresh black pepper.
- Chop vegetables to 1-2 inch pieces. You can leave mushrooms and cherry tomatoes whole. Microwave potato for 1-2 minutes before chopping to precook them a little. Add olive oil and stir until vegetables are thoroughly coated. Sprinkle with seasoning and stir until vegetables are covered. Place on the grill on a vegetable tray or a tin foil bed and grill 15 minutes or until vegetables are slightly brown at edges and tender when pierced. Serve warm.
If you make this recipe you may need:
- Vegetable Grill Pan — A great thing to have on hand for summer grilling recipes!
- The most intensely awesome (and I do not exaggerate) grilling apron ever
- A grill!! We have an amazing side-by-side charcoal and propane grill and it is AWESOME! It’s so great to have both grilling options available!
There you have it! These vegetables are easy as can be and they are so delicious!
If you are also a fan of easy, healthy, sanity-saving dinners be sure to grab a copy of my Impossibly Easy Meal Planning Toolkit. You’ll get a week’s worth of great recipes, your grocery list planned out for you, a step-by-step meal prep guide, plus leftover ideas, side dish tips and more!
You can put all your family’s favorites together and be as creative as you like with the veggies and seasoning blends!
If you use firmer root vegetables (like potatoes or carrots) it’s a good idea to cook them off a bit in the microwave first; otherwise they will still be crunchy and your peppers and mushrooms will be all done!
Enjoy! Get creative with this yummy & healthy recipe for veggies on the grill!
What is your favorite vegetable? Did you like a wide variety of foods as a kid or were you more of a picky eater?
Thanks for reading!! If you liked this post be sure to share it with your friends!