Healthy Banana Bread
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 3 medium mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 scoops, approximately 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts, I love walnuts, but pecans are lovely too!
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly beat sugar, applesauce, eggs, bananas, buttermilk, and vanilla until smooth. Add flours, protein powder, baking soda and salt and stir just until combined. Fold in nuts if desired.
- Pour into lightly greased 9x5 bread pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 5 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (Top with aluminum foil to prevent over browning)
- Allow to cool before slicing.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g