I often get asked what are my favorite resources for fitness and healthy living. Although I link to a lot of my favorite healthy living resources in various posts, I want to have one central place where I list them all.
Here are some of my favorite resources for health and fitness plans, motivation, recipes, and more!
I’m sure this list will grow and expand too!
Updated March 2020
Disclosure: Bear in mind that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a commission at no extra cost to you. I will always be honest about what I like and use, whether or not you decide to buy something is completely up to you.
Healthy Living Resources for Workouts and Fitness
- Exercise ball — I use this the most for ab exercises it’s a great way to keep your core extra engaged!
- Adjustable dumbbells — I use these for home workout programs and have had them for years! (They are actually my husbands!) I also like these dumbbells!
- Yoga mat — I practice yoga for stretching, flexibility, strength and balance. I like this mat, these yoga blocks and use Yoga with Adrienne on youtube for a variety of practices.
- 10 minute Solutions dvds — So much variety and great for beginners to advanced alike because you can build your own workouts! They have cardio, dance, strength, walking, kickboxing and more!
- Treadmill with interactive workouts — My friend has this and I’m super jealous! This is one quarter 🤯 the price of the Peloton treadmill and has similar workouts, plus folds up nicely.
- Women’s Health Big Book of Exercises — I use this to create workouts and learn new strength moves. I’ve had it forever and it’s basically my workout Bible.
- Jeff Galloway method for run to walk programs or any length of running program. I used his plans for both of my half marathon trainings.
- I recommend getting fitted for running shoes at a professional running store (google or ask runner friends for recommendations). I have been very happy with my Brooks running shoes and Asics running shoes!
- My favorite running and workout tights are these high waisted running tights. A close second is this option.
- I like this style of shorts for running or working out in the summer so I don’t get the dreaded chub rub. 🙌🏼
- I like workout tops that are sweat wicking and not body hugging. This twist top has lots of great colors. I love anything in this high quality brand! And these are a great everyday tank option!
Healthy Living Resources for Healthy Eating
- 100 Days of Real Food cookbook – One of my FAVORITES! I’ve had it forever and love so many recipes in it!
- I love to modify recipes from The Pioneer Woman and the Betty Crocker Cookbook!
- The Whole Smiths Cookbook — Great whole food recipes in the paleo/Whole 30 vein.
- I like these versatile containers for storing leftovers and meal prep! I also store a lot of food in my canning jars!
- I recommend this efficient blender for making my favorite breakfast smoothies!
- I cook healthy meals with my crockpot all the time. This programmable crockpot is a well worth it upgrade.
- The Impossibly Easy Meal Planning Toolkit — Love this all in one resource for getting healthy dinners to my busy family! (Get it at a discount for being a reader!)
- An Air Fryer is my current favorite of the “hot new cooking tools”. Use this to crisp up vegetables, chicken, and more!
- Itrackbites — This is the tracking app I currently use for weight loss. The app helps me set boundaries around my eating and has programs similar to the old style of weight watchers which worked well for me in the past.
Healthy Living Resources for Weight Loss Mindset
- Intuitive Eating book — A great read for getting over your diet mentality.
- What You Can When You Can — Another good read for the lose it how you want to keep it off philosophy.
- These weight loss affirmation printable cards. Place them everywhere until it becomes second nature to talk to yourself like this!
- Vibrant Today journal. I use these to plan my meals for the day, keep my goals top of my mind, plan workouts, and practice gratitude. Can’t recommend them enough!
I hope you utilize these resources as you continue to build your healthiest life!
I would also encourage you to surround yourself with positive, healthy friends and influences whether in “real life” or on social media.
Be with people who bring you up and are supportive of your journey. Don’t be afraid to ask questions of your favorite fit friend, join a gym or group fitness class, or take a cooking class.
Challenge yourself constantly!Looking for some help with healthy living? Check out these resources!
What are some of your favorite healthy living resources you would add to this list?