Hey there! We are back from our awesome vacay in St. Louis! We had so much fun (if you follow me on instagram–I basically bragged about it all week!) and I will have a full recap coming soon! A couple weeks ago I posted a first quarter review of my 2015 goals and in it I casually dropped that I made $500 from my blog in March and it’s my goal to average $500 a month by the end of the year. I had a few questions about HOW I went about earning those 500 big boys so I thought I would break down my income sources and process.
I have learned a lot by reading other bloggers income reports; I love those bloggers who are open enough to say here’s how I did it–you can too!
Check out some other income posts from:
Your Modern Family
Beauty Through Imperfection
I started Kate Moving Forward in September of 2010. It looked way different and I basically blogged about whatever. I dropped it for awhile and then picked it back up again in late 2011 when I used it as a weekly progress journal for my weight loss. From there I slowly started posting more and things have just kind of developed into the current Kate Moving Forward you see today! Last year my goal was to make an average of $50 a month from the blog, basically enough to help me break even. I reached that goal and by the end of the year I had a few months where I earned $200-$300! That gave me courage to dream bigger for this year!
Also, just to note I get most of my traffic from Pinterest, Facebook, and Google searches. In the first three months of 2015 I’ve averaged 16,000 pageviews a month.
Money, Money, Money
Sponsored Posts: $350
Content Creation: $125
Social Media only campaigns: $25
Amazon Affiliates: $3.60
Ebook Affiliates: $2.61
Total Revenue: $525.66
Dollar Photo Club: $10
Pinch of Yumy Food Photography Ebook: $29
Hosting and Domain Name: $7.50
Actual Income: $479.16
As you can see most of my income comes from sponsored posts. I find them through Mode Media (my ad agency), TapInfluence, Fitfluential, Collective Bias and Clever Girls Collective. Most posts I make $75-$125. I rarely, but occasionally, work just for product if it’s something I love-love-love or someone I know with a small business I’d like to support.
- Always be learning! It is so inspiring to know that there are bloggers out there pulling in $20,000+ a month from their blogs and I am all about reading and learning from others. I’ve found that not everything will work for me, my readers, and this niche, but I keep the gold and pass what doesn’t fit.
- On this note I would definitely recommend reading the e-book, Blogging on the Side (affiliate link). It has a great perspective and lots of helpful advice from ladies that have been there and are paying it forward. (Your Modern Family and Beauty through Imperfection–see their income reports above.) They aren’t in the same niche as my blog is, but I actually found it helpful to get advice from an outside perspective.
- I also have just joined the Elite Blog Academy for their spring training course. It was an investment, but one that I’m excited about! There is still time to join in and learn how to take your blog to the next level!
- I love to learn about blogging via other blogs and podcasts too! (aka FREE sources!) I have been learning a lot from the Smart Passive Income podcast and Chalene Johnson’s podcasts as well.
- Do what you love! I love to talk about health and wellness and I love to cook so this marries very nicely into what my blog is about. I’m also right in the trenches of parenting a little one so my blog has morphed to include that as well. I genuinely find blogging, writing, social media growth, and my blog topics incredibly interesting. We just got back from vacation, but guess what?! Even on vacation I was thinking about blogging, reading other health and fitness blogs–because I LIKE it! If you don’t love your blog, readers, and topic…people can definitely tell and they will move on!
So there you have it! How I earned $500 (plus) from blogging during March! Let me know if you have any other questions–and would you be interested to see an update like this every month?
If you enjoyed this post you may also like…
Thanks for reading, commenting, liking, pinning and sharing with your friends! YOU are the heart of this blog!