This diaper bag was provided for me free of charge in exchange for a review. All opinions, as always, are my own. This post contains affiliate links.
Today I want to give you a peek inside my toddler diaper bag. The things I put in it are different from when Layla was an itty-bitty and I’m using a different bag altogether. I still love my original JJ Cole diaper bag (check out my 5 picks for newborns here), but as I need less stuff while out and about during a normal day I transitioned to a smaller bag.
This cute bag was made for me by Farmhouse Stitching, the owner is a family friend and makes beautiful, handmade purses, bags, and aprons!
I love all the fun details like this cute bows on the side that also serve to cinch the bag when you don’t need as much space. Adorable and smart!
In my bag I am still packing a lot, but I am packing smart.
In my toddler diaper bag I have:
- diapers & wipes (obviously, never go anywhere without them!)
- Change of clothes or at least a onesie. We still have the occasional blowout and this always seems to happen when we don’t have a change of clothes so now we just always have a backup. Plus good for when extreme drool or messiness happens.
- Sippy Cup for drinking. Layla is still mastering the straw so it’s nice to have a sippy when we go out for meals and for staying hydrated in the heat!
- Bib. We have so much drool here now and also great for mealtimes, of course!
- Toys & Books aka Toddler Distractions! For a short trip out we only need something small, like the penguin; if I know we’ll be in the car longer I try to get something bigger like a book (we love Sandra Boynton books like Moo, Baa, Lalala) or the baby iPad (not a real iPad, but still entertaining!).
- Wallet. I got this simple wallet from Nate for Christmas. I think he found it in a shop in Shipshewana. It has tons of pockets and a spot for a pen, which I love.
- Hand sanitizer. No explanation necessary.
- Burt’s Bees lip balm. Dry, cracked winter lips and sunburnt summer lips means I’m always toting that lip balm.
- Iphone (not pictured), but trust me it’s always there!
Everything fits neatly in the bag, thanks to the great side and front pockets. My only feedback is I wish that some of the interior pockets were undivided like the outer pockets so I could stash more stuff in them!
It’s fun to see how my diaper bag has evolved and nice that there is even a little “me space” in it too! I love the fun polka dot pattern of this bag and pink is perfect for me and Layla!
If you’d like a beautiful, high quality diaper bag or purse by Farmhouse Stitching, visit them on Facebook to order!
What is one thing you never leave the house without?