This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MySanPelMomenti #TastefullyItalian #CollectiveBias
This easy Lemon Pesto Chicken recipe is an easy crowd-pleaser and paired with the refreshing taste of SANPELLEGRINO® Momenti Lemon & Red Raspberry it will make the perfect relaxing summer dinner!
Hover over the above image to order your SANPELLEGRINO Momenti before you get this simple dinner started!
As the weather warms up I start looking for lighter dinners that are delicious, healthy and simple to make! As a busy mom of three, complicated recipes with loads of ingredients do NOT light me up. I prefer quick and simple recipes that I can pair with fresh in season veggies for a healthy dinner. This easy lemon pesto chicken definitely fits the bill!
While you could totally make your own homemade pesto, I am all about the easy life and use pre-made jarred pesto. It’s effortless and less expensive than making it from scratch! The freshly squeezed lemon juice packs a punch of flavor and is a great complement to the pesto.
How can I make Lemon Pesto Chicken? — Grill? Bake? Slow cook?
This recipe is crazy simple and FLEXIBLE!! You can bake it in the oven, grill it in the great outdoors, and slow cook it in the crockpot. In warmer weather the grill with fresh vegetables calls my name, but I’m sure when it’s cold outside this chicken pesto would be delicious with whole grain pasta for a warm, comfort food dinner.
Easy Lemon Pesto Chicken
Lemon Pesto Chicken
- 1 package chicken breast cutlets or chicken breasts sliced in half
- 1 jar pesto
- 2 lemons
- fresh, ground pepper, to taste (about 1/2 teaspoon)
- Roll lemons on cutting board to activate juices. Squeeze juice from two lemons, should be approximately 1/4 cup lemon juice.
- Whisk pesto, lemon juice and black pepper.
- Place chicken in marinade (be sure it is thoroughly coated), cover, and refrigerate for 2 -24 hours. Remove from refrigeration.
- To bake: Pour marinade and chicken into glass baking dish. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165.
- To slow cook: Pour marinade and chicken into slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 hours.
- To grill: Place chicken breast cutlets on grill over low heat. Grill 5-6 minutes on each side, brushing with marinade after turning.
[RECIPE WILL BE HERE–USING WP RECIPE MAKER PLUGIN]
When I’m feeling fancy I love to pair this dinner with SANPELLEGRINO Momenti, a sparkling beverage flavored with fruit juice and no artificial sweeteners! This low calorie drink is a healthier option than soda and I love the light, bubbly taste! Sitting on the back patio enjoying an al fresco dinner while sipping my SANPELLEGRINO sounds like heaven.
Where can I find SANPELLEGRINO Momenti?
You can find SANPELLEGRINO Momenti new at Walmart! I used their easy online ordering and my product was at the store and easily picked up in a couple days!! I loved the refreshing Lemon & Red Raspberry flavor, but they also have Clementine & Peach and Pomegranate & Blackcurrent which I can’t wait to try as well!
Chasing vibrance in the little moments
I’m chasing vibrance in my life right now by saving some time on dinner prep with this simple Lemon Pesto Chicken and treating myself to a little luxury like an ice cold SANPELLEGRINO Momenti Lemon & Red Raspberry!
How would you enjoy a little luxury moment with SANPELLEGRINO Momenti?
We sure do love pesto around here! If you do too be sure to check out these other recipes…