This easy Lemon Pesto Chicken recipe is an easy crowd-pleaser and make the perfect relaxing summer dinner! Cook on the grill, in a slow cooker, or bake in the oven for endless healthy dinner options!
As the weather warms up I start looking for lighter dinners that are delicious, healthy and simple to make! As a busy mom of three, complicated recipes with loads of ingredients do NOT light me up. I prefer quick and simple recipes that I can pair with fresh in season veggies for a healthy dinner. This easy lemon pesto chicken definitely fits the bill!
Should I make my own pesto for this recipe?
While you could totally make your own homemade pesto, I am all about the easy life and use pre-made jarred pesto.
It’s effortless and less expensive than making it from scratch! The freshly squeezed lemon juice packs a punch of flavor and is a great complement to the pesto.
How can I cook Lemon Pesto Chicken?
This recipe is crazy simple and FLEXIBLE!! You can bake it in the oven, grill it in the great outdoors, and slow cook it in the crockpot.
In warmer weather the grill with fresh vegetables calls my name, but I’m sure when it’s cold outside this chicken pesto would be delicious with whole grain pasta for a warm, comfort food dinner.
If you are also a fan of easy, healthy, sanity-saving recipes be sure to grab your FREE WEEK of my Real Food Comfort Food Meal Plan!!
I made this resource for busy mom’s just like you and I think you’ll love it!! You’ll get a week’s worth of great recipes, your grocery list planned out for you, a step-by-step meal prep guide, plus leftover ideas, side dish tips and more!
Easy Lemon Pesto Chicken
- 1 pound package chicken breast cutlets, or chicken breasts sliced in half
- 1 jar pesto
- 2 lemons
- fresh, ground pepper, to taste, (about 1/2 teaspoon)
- Roll lemons on cutting board to activate juices. Squeeze juice from two lemons, should be approximately 1/4 cup lemon juice.
- Whisk pesto, lemon juice and black pepper.
- Place chicken in marinade (be sure it is thoroughly coated), cover, and refrigerate for 2 -24 hours. Remove from refrigeration.
- To bake: Pour marinade and chicken into glass baking dish. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165.
- To slow cook: Pour marinade and chicken into slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 hours.
- To grill: Place chicken breast cutlets on grill over low heat. Grill 5-6 minutes on each side, brushing with marinade after turning.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4 ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 188Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 122mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 20g
[RECIPE WILL BE HERE–USING WP RECIPE MAKER PLUGIN]
When I’m feeling fancy I love to pair this dinner a sparkling beverage. This low calorie drink is a healthier option than soda and I love the light, bubbly taste! Sitting on the back patio enjoying an al fresco chicken dinner while sipping my SANPELLEGRINO sounds like heaven.
Chasing vibrance in the little moments
I’m chasing vibrance in my life right now by saving some time on dinner prep with this simple Lemon Pesto Chicken and treating myself to a little luxury like an ice cold sparkling beverage.