What Worked This Week?
Well I gained 1 pound this week and it is so disappointing. I have had some small weight losses since I joined WW, but never a stop and never a gain so it has been pretty tough to take. I’ve been thinking about why this happened and I’ve come up with a few things that may have affected my lack of weight loss.
They are in order of perceived likelihood.
1. I tracked all week, but I did eat all of my weekly points allowance and even tapped into my activity points which does not normally happen for me. This is probably the biggest factor. I was sick and tired all last weekend and ate a lot of points I normally use for special stuff. But it was Nate and I’s anniversary so I also did the special stuff.
2. This is a normal part of healthy weight loss. *sigh* Everything I’ve read says that losing weight is a non-linear process. If I’m up a little bit this week I should try not to freak out if the overall progression is downward and just make sure I am being honest with my tracking and portion sizes.
3. I have begun a new weight workout that is kicking my butt. I am building muscle which weighs more than fat.
4. I am pmsing.
My Goals for the Week
1. Continue eating 4 fruits or veggies a day. I am really proud of how I was able to re-incorporate them last week after ignoring them for cookies over Christmas!
2. Exercise 6 days next week
3. Measure portions. Measure, measure, measure. I have been getting lax on this and I think my portions have been okay, but there’s not way to know for sure unless I am measuring!
4. Relax! I need a spa day. Some pampering and book reading I feel is in order on Sunday afternoon.
Potential Obstacles for the Week and Possible Solutions
1. Pizza night with the sibs. Actually this won’t be too bad. I can still do my veggie pizza like always and let the my siblings and Nate do whatever on their sides. Or maybe I’ll make homemade pizza and bake 4 separate mini pizzas so we can each customize our own.
2. Youth Group. My go-to plan for youth group is eating beforehand and chewing gum during. Also playing games like foursquare or ping pong as opposed to sitting around chatting or playing cards when I am more likely to snack.
My Exercise Plan
Friday: Rest or Yoga
Saturday: 4 Miler with my sister, Becca!
Sunday: 30 minutes of any kind of activity: most likely walking or yoga.
Monday: Bikini Ready Workout from Women’s Health Big Book of Exercises (Thanks Mom and Dad!)
Tuesday: 3 Mile Run
Wednesday: Bikini Ready Workout from Women’s Health
Thursday: 3 Mile Run
I love my weekly Thursday night planning—last week I skipped it, but it really helps me refocus on my goals and plan for the next week.
Stay happy, friends!