Wow! The month flew by crazy fast!! Can you believe we are already in summer?
I wanted to recap my May goals for the month and set out what I hope to accomplish in June.
May Goals Recap
- Increase my functional fitness to be fully recovered and able to run a continuous 5K. Yes!! I’m so pumped to say I’m running pain free and completed the K5K with my brother Josh!
- Tone up! I would like to lose 5 inches overall. I didn’t lose 5 inches but I lost 3.5 using the Summer Shred! It was awesome!
- Lose weight! This is lesser priority to the two previous goals, but I would like to lose at least 5 pounds. I’d be happy with more, but if I lost 5 inches and only lost two pounds (knowing what I know about muscle and fat composition on the body) I would be super-happy. Well I guess I accomplished this goal! Haha! I didn’t lose weight, but I did gain muscle as evidenced by my weight not changing and my measurements getting smaller.
- Have fun and embrace change by trying 3 new or different fitness activities. I’ve been biking more…does that count?
- Track my food using everyday this month using MyFitnessPal. Nope! Did not happen. Not sure if I feel good or bad about this…
- Grill more and make homemade almond milk ice cream. Yes! Made maple almond ice cream and blueberry honey ice cream!
- Weekend trip/fun times as often as possible before summer camp craziness begins! I think this has been successful even though we didn’t go on any trips, we have gotten to relax a lot and enjoy ourselves together.
1. Complete the Fitnessista’s Summer Shape Up! I’d love to have some of me join me on it! The best news of all—it’s completely FREE! Yes, a professional fitness trainer is going to create 4 weeks of specialized training program for you, PLUS prizes, meal ideas and more! Seriously, awesome!! I’d like to continue to lose inches (I have some specific measurements I’m shooting for) and tone up.
2. Develop a plan for dealing with eating at camp over the summer. I need something I can use easily and without much thought. I didn’t use myfitnesspal much this month so I’m not sure if that is right for me now. Maybe. Just maybe not, especially if I’m not actually using it. Any suggestions here? How do you make a healthy eating plan work when you’re not always in control of what’s being prepared?
3. Relax and have fun! I love summer and I want lots of margin in my life to smell the roses, garden, develop relationships, reconnect, lay on the beach, and really soak up the summer. That may include some 5Ks, mud runs, and new fitness activities, but it may not. Whatever.
What is one thing you’re proud of accomplishing in May?
What’s one thing you want to do in June?