“This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and The J.M. Smucker Company, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #1850Coffee #1850CoffeeatMeijer http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV”
I’m not a morning person. Not even a little bit. In my ideal world I’d wake up without an alarm and spend an hour plus just waking up and puttering around. But that is not my life right now. Still, even though I’d rather be sleeping in and my mornings aren’t leisurely, I do feel my best when I incorporate a morning routine to get my day started on the right foot. Coffee is a big part of my morning kickstart! I’ve been loving starting my days with 1850 Brand Coffee to energize me for all that comes with being a mom to three littles!
In 1850 F.A. Folger founded his company to fuel the bold dreams of prospectors out west. While I’m not out hustling for gold (or braving life without electricity and hot water) this smooth and bold coffee is fueling my little dream world of crazy too. By reaching for bold flavor in the morning I can keep going strong for all my day holds. Here are 6 pieces of my morning routine I use to get my day started with energy and intention!
- Movement – I find if I move my body first thing in the morning, I wake up easier and have more energy throughout the day. And I always promise myself if I get up early to workout then I can take a nap if I want! ???? Just doing something–whether I do a full “official workout” or just a “mini workout” (doing 20 squats, pushups, and a minute plank) or some gently yoga moves in my bedroom getting my blood flowing is my first bold move.
- Shower/dressed and make bed – Some days I get on a roll cleaning or going about the day and stay in my workout clothes, but my best mornings I am showered, dressed, and light makeup on. I’m also still working on developing the make the bed habit, but I want my kids to make their bed everyday so I want to set a good example. Plus, my mom always said that making your bed is the best way to start the day. And mama is always right.
- Cup of coffee – I do not go without coffee. End of story. I need it for all the bold adventures momming my three tinies. Recently I have been sipping 1850 Brand Coffee, a premium bold and smooth coffee from the makers of Folgers. This coffee is so good and has a great classic taste, thanks to fire roasting the flavor is rich, but without bitterness. It is available in a variety of roasts too! I particularly love the Pioneer blend! 1850 Brand Coffee is available at Meijer in four signature blends of Ground and K-Cup coffee and will also be available in 3 Ready to Drink flavors. You can visit Meijer from 5/6 – 6/2 and take $1 off any 1850 Brand Coffee Product with the mPerk digital coupon (while supplies last)
- Devotional – Once my body is awake I want my spirit awake too. Taking 15 minutes to align myself spiritually by reading the Bible or a devotional centers me and helps me be a better human, wife, and mama.
- Top three of the day – Sometimes you can’t take on a full to do list. Today mine would be a mile long (hello, unpacking a million moving boxes!), but I try to boil it down to three essential tasks. Three is enough and keeps me focused on the big things amidst all we have going on. Don’t overcomplicate it. Today’s list is:
- Do one load of laundry start to finish.
- Unpack my clothes
- Take kids on a walk
- Healthy Breakfast – I feel like breakfast is basically a circus so I like to do a simple and healthy smoothie (like this banana peanut butter one) so I can sip in between the crazy or be fully fueled before they even get up! (Hey, a girl can dream, right?!)
By hitting all these points I can set myself up for a fantastic day–and even if things go south I can always look back with satisfaction on my morning. I promise this doesn’t happen perfectly or even every other day (except for the cup of coffee!), but I’m building habits and finding that this morning routine is a bold start to my day and whatever adventures await.
Do you have a morning routine to start your day off boldly?
What is your favorite way to brew your coffee? Kcup? French press? Traditional pot?