These healthy no bake protein cookies make a great snack or sweet ending to a meal. I can’t get enough of the delicious chocolate and peanut butter flavor! To die for!!!Jump to Recipe
A few years ago I shared a recipe for a no-bake cookie with added protein. I pulled out the recipe a while ago and, of course, I couldn’t help but tweaking it some to make it even better than I remember! This time I used peanut butter and swapped butter for the coconut oil. I just liked that flavor combination better than the original. I also used quick cooking oats which means the cookies set up better.
It’s kind of fun to think about where I was two years ago when I first made this recipe. I remember I created it for one of the first sponsored posts I ever did and I had terrible morning sickness! I could hardly eat the cookies my morning sickness was so bad.
It’s crazy how big our little peanut has grown and how much has changed since then. She was worth feeling like I was constantly going to throw up and exhausted all the time. Although I am STILL exhausted all the time! It is also astounding how much the blog has changed over the years too. Change is good.
You can check out the original recipe here. *woof* please excuse the very bad photography.
Healthy No Bake Cookies
No Bake Chocolate Protein Cookies
- 1 cup all natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cup quick oats
- 2 scoops Chocolate Protein Powder
- Dash of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Melt peanut butter, honey, butter and cocoa powder over low heat until smooth and combined. (Watch it closely so it doesn’t burn.)
- Stir in oats, protein powder, salt, and vanilla until thoroughly combined.
- Drop cookies onto wax paper. Allow to cool and harden.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer.
AND If you’re a fan of easy healthy recipes you won’t want to miss my 4 Week Clean Eating Meal Plan! In this healthy meal plan you’ll find 4 weeks of cozy, healthier comfort food for busy weeknight dinners. Plus, I throw in a couple yummy breakfast, snack and dessert ideas too! Let me take meal planning off your already full plate for the next 4 weeks–totally free!!
Get your 4 WEEK CLEAN EATING MEAL PLAN NOW!
Yum! I still love creating healthier options to classic recipes. It’s one of my favorite ways to enjoy treats and feel good about what I’m feeding my family! And these no bake protein cookies make a great snack or sweet ending to a meal.
I’m especially a sucker for the chocolate-peanut butter flavor combination! If you’re a chocolate peanut butter lover like me (aka reformed Reeses addict) you’ll probably also love this Peanut Butter Chocolate smoothie that I seriously make ALL the time!
Is this protein cookie recipe kid-friendly?
Yes this is absolutely an easy cookie recipe to make with your little ones because…
1. There are no eggs so you don’t have to worry about salmonella from little ones snitching the cookie dough. Also, less mess. Because eggs and egg cracking is messy and kids inevitably want to get involved in the process.
2. There is no heating up the oven or hot surfaces to worry about! I don’t even want to talk about the time my sweet son touched our super hot stove on accident while we were baking (he fell and instinctively reached out for the closest surface). It was terrible! I’m much more at ease “baking” with these healthy no bake cookies!
3. I am okay using a high quality organic protein powder with my kids! I think it’s a great way to get added nutrients in their picky systems! I recommend this organic chocolate protein powder.
Baking with kids always involves some low key stress (or high key stress for some!) so I love that we can create a healthy snack together with this healthy protein cookie recipe and I can take a bit of a chill pill with some of the random things that stress me out as a mom! (Anyone else?! Or is it just me that worries over this nonsense?)
Can you freeze these healthy no bake cookies?
What can I substitute for the protein powder?
You can substitute vanilla protein powder plus two additional Tablespoons of cocoa powder for chocolate protein powder. If you prefer not to use any protein powder simply increase the quick oats by 1/4 cup.
If you enjoy these amazing little protein packed goodies I’d love for you to share them with your people via Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, carrier pigeon– however it is you stay in touch! 😉These healthy no bake cookies are perfect for a sweet treat or snack! RUN, don't walk to get this recipe!! #yum #nobakecookies
If you like these healthy no bake cookies be sure to check out my other ones, Peanut Butter Protein Cookies! All peanut butter, all the time!
In other news I’m working hard this week to get back into a fitness routine. Last week was crazy (in a mostly good way) so there were no “real” workouts besides walking around and hiking. I got in a strength workout yesterday morning and today we did a family run–Nate’s first time running since his knee surgery! Woot! I’ve still got two other workouts planned and then Friday and Saturday we will spend the whole day walking around the Country Living Fair so I’m planning on tracking my steps and if I get over 10,000 then I’m calling it good. I love my Garmin Vivosmart but I am the worst at charging it. 😛
Anyways, it’s good to get back in that rhythm again. Hope you are finding your groove too..even if it is midweek! No time like the present to start!
What are you up to this midweek? What’s your favorite type of cookie?
If you like this recipe be sure to pin it for later here!