These tasty no bake peanut butter balls are a delicious and healthy snack. I love that they totally satisfy my craving for a cookie, but have no sugar, gluten or dairy in them!
They are a dream come true for folks with food allergies or sensitivities. Basically, they are a date and nut bar rolled into a ball and chilled for easy serving.
(I made a similar recipe this winter, Chocolate Coconut Balls which are amazing as well!)
Tasty, easy, and made from real food ingredients—these peanut butter balls are right in my sweet spot.
Are peanuts healthy?
These bites are totally delicious and I love peanuts! They are so good for you too!
- Peanuts are high in fiber, healthy fats and protein which helps you stay full and satisfied! (And that’s why I love it for a snack!)
- Studies show those who eat peanuts have a lowered risk of heart disease.
- Peanuts are cheap compared to other nuts!
Get My 5 Go-To Places for Healthier Ingredients list from my freebie resource library to help you find the BEST fresh produce, healthy pantry staples AKA PEANUTS & DATES and more at budget prices!
These peanut butter bites are a great portion-controlled way to eat peanuts (they are high-calorie). I also love that the sweetness in them comes from dates! So no added sugar or extra junk–just real good food in these sweet bites! My daughter Layla ate them up and loves her “cookies”!
No BakePeanut Butter Balls – Healthy & Tasty
Peanut Butter Bites
- 1 cup dates
- 3/4 cup peanuts if using unsalted add a bit of salt
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Puree dates in food processor until finely chopped and smooth.
- Add peanuts and chop again.
- Stir in peanut butter and vanilla.
- Using cookie dough scoop, form small balls.
- Chill in the freezer for an hour until set. I like to store my bites in the freezer, but they will keep nicely in the refrigerator too.
These healthy peanut butter balls are a delicious and healthy snack. So simple to make too! Peanut butter bites make great on-the-go snack options for busy summer days!
Can you freeze protein balls?
Absolutely!! I like to freeze mine and then I can throw them in the van or stroller while we are out and about, I swear being in the sun makes me hungry!
How long do protein balls last in the fridge?
They will last for a week, but honestly I go through mine super fast! I actually prefer to keep them in the freezer and just transfer them to the counter or fridge in the morning.
Hope you enjoy your weekend and take these bites along with you on your adventures! They are a great, healthy source of energy thanks to healthy fats and protein! Perfect for a hike, bike ride or a play date at the park. Whatever your day holds– take these no bake protein balls along with you!
If you like this recipe be sure to pin it so you’ll have it later!
Pin it here — Peanut Butter Balls Recipe
If you like this recipe you may also enjoy…