These pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are a seasonal favorite of mine!! Everyone raves about the flavor, the softness, the just right crunch of chocolate chip! I mean, everything pumpkin is my favorite this time of year, and these are fall cookie perfection.
This recipe and photos were updated in August 2019.
They are softer and more cake-like cookies than regular chocolate chip cookies. Sometimes I feel a little wild and throw in some butterscotch chips because that’s how I roll. If you want to be crazy with me go for it!
And if you like just regular chocolate chips they are scrumptious that way too, you really, really can’t go wrong!
These pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are so sweet and perfect for a hot cup of pumpkin flavored coffee or chai tea or a glass of super-cold milk. Anyway you serve them they will be a hit!
To make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies you may need…
- Cookies scoops are the key to uniform looking cookies!
- Baker’s cookie sheets help cookies turn out even. I’ve had these forever! They definitely hold up.
- This adorable pumpkin spice apron!
- A farmhouse style cookie jar everyone will for sure be raiding.
- The perfect spatula for getting cookies off cleanly.
How long should you bake pumpkin cookies?
I recommend baking them 12 minutes. They should be set up well, but will continue to firm up on the baking sheet after being removed from the oven. I’d let them rest on the sheet 5-6 minutes before removing them since they are so soft! (And are supposed to be that way!!)
What is pumpkin spice made of?
If you don’t have pumpkin spice on hand you can make it from a variety of spices — cinnamon, cloves, allspice, ginger, and nutmeg. Here’s a pumpkin spice recipe that you can check out if you want to make your own!
These cookies are perfect for sharing!! I’m planning to walk my batch around to our neighbors so I don’t end up eating more than I should. They are so easy to love!!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup canned pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1.5 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- butterscotch chips (optional)
- Combine pumpkin, sugar, butter, egg, and vanilla.
- Dissolve soda into milk and stir into wet ingredients.
- In separate bowl stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to pumpkin, stirring until well combined. Add in chips and stir until well combined.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
If you love this recipe be sure to check out:
I’m hoping to go apple picking soon too because Layla is obsessed with apples right now. I gave her one for a snack and came back and all that was left was the seeds and stem! She likes them sliced too, but she’ll just gnaw on one whole which is hilarious to me since it’s practically as big as her face.
She also gave her stamp of approval to the Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies! Isn’t she the cutest thing!! I could kiss those cheeks all day!!
In the back of my mind, I also know that the glory of fall won’t last forever so I also want to get out and be active outside while we can!
I love going out on walks with Layla right now, she’s so curious and our weather has been perfection around here. It’s supposed to get cooler this week, but still hanging in the 60s which is the sweet spot on in my book. 🙂
What is your favorite fall treat?