These Cranberry Pumpkin Oat Bars are the perfect healthy snack! They are full of healthy oats, fiber, delicious pumpkin and sweet cranberries and are so satisfying.
Happy September! Labor Day isn’t over yet, so we aren’t quite done with summer, but fall is creeping in….I can feel it in the darker evenings, cooler mornings, and the beginning of pumpkin flavored EVERYTHING.
I don’t really mind–I like to soak in all the pumpkin flavor I can in the fall and by Thanksgiving I’ve moved on.
Our favorite little market here just released their doughnuts and I’ve been dying to get my hands on their pumpkin variety. So amazing!
One pumpkin treat that I can get behind are these amazing Pumpkin Cranberry Oat Bars.
These cranberry pumpkin oat bars are the perfect healthy fall snack!
They are full of healthy oats, fiber, delicious pumpkin and sweet cranberries and are so satisfying.
Check out some of the benefits of their yummy and healthy ingredients!
- Oats- Great source of dietary fiber which helps lower bad cholesterol and keeps you feeling full longer.
- Pumpkin – Rich in Vitamin A, potassium (helps you recover more quickly), Vitamin C, and the anti-oxidant beta-carotene which has been linked to cancer prevention. Source
- Cranberries – “Offer antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-cancer health benefits. Cranberries are a very good source of vitamin C, dietary fiber, and manganese.” Source
I’m not saying they are going to keep you disease-free, but they are certainly delicious and packed with nutrients!
Pumpkin Cranberry Oat Bars
Pumpkin Cranberry Oat Bars
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 Tablespoons Truvia or other sugar/sugar substitute
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon Pumpkin Pie spice
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 T melted butter
- ½ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly spray 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine both oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, Truvia, salt, and pumpkin pie spice by gently stirring.
- In a separate bowl whisk together melted butter, milk, vanilla, and pumpkin. Add wet ingredients to dry and carefully stir until combined. Add in cranberries and pumpkin seeds.
- Spread mixture into pan.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
These are a super-great snack for fall! The pumpkin flavor is definitely there, but they aren’t all Pumpkin-Pumpkin-Pumpkin. There is a nice variety in the flavor and texture thanks to the pumpkin seeds and the cranberries. I love these bars with a hot cup of coffee on a cool morning! Classic, fall deliciousness.
Are you excited for fall? What are your must-do fall things?
If you like this post be sure to pin it and share it with your friend son Facebook, Insta, and Twitter!