This raspberry coffee cake is one of my favorite things. It’s perfectly sweet with that scrumptious crumb topping and a ribbon of delicious raspberry filling!
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Read my full disclosure policy to learn more.
I grew up in an old farmhouse and when I was little I could smell breakfast drifting up the stairs…this smell was one that could always draw me out from under the warm covers faster than just about anything!
If you want even more tasty recipes, be sure to snag your FREE WEEK Healthy Meal Planning Bundle! I’ve done all the work of meal planning for a week for your busy family, including writing grocery lists, outlining a meal prep day, and planning healthy dinner recipes!
My mom made this raspberry coffee cake for special occasions…birthdays, holidays, and now, days when the whole family is together for breakfast. She got it from a Taste of Home cookbook in the mid-90s and it’s been a favorite since the first time she made it!
Each bite of this raspberry coffee cake is a tiny celebration in itself—warm cake, juicy pops of tart raspberries, and sweet sugary crumb topping. I could eat it for days!!
More summer desserts you may love!
This coffee cake while appearing quite fancy is actually not that difficult to make. There are steps involved, but each one is well worth it!
You can also prep parts of this coffee cake recipe ahead of time if you’re short on time or energy in the morning!
You can prep the raspberry filling and mixing up the dry ingredients so that in the morning there is not a ton of work to do. You can just add the wet ingredients, mix it up, spread it in the pan, pop it in the oven and sip your coffee while it bakes.
Raspberry Coffee Cake Recipe
Raspberry Coffee Cake with Crumb Topping
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 3/4 cup raspberry juice or water
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease 9x13 baking dish. (You can also make this recipe in two 9 inch cake pans.)
- For filling combine sugar, cornstarch, raspberry juice (or water), and berries; cook over medium heat, stirring until thickened and clear. Add lemon juice. Set aside to cool.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Cut in butter with pastry blender to form fine crumbs. Add eggs, milk, and vanilla; stir until blended. Spread half of the batter into a greased 9×13 baking pan.
- Spread raspberry filling evenly over batter in pan. Drop remaining batter by small spoonfuls over filling. Spread carefully until top is mostly covered.
- Cut butter into flour and sugar using pastry blender until pea-size crumbs form; stir in almonds. Spread in a thick layer on top of raspberry coffee cake.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes. (This one photographed took exactly 47 minutes!)
To make this recipe you may need…
- 9×13 Baking Dish — this brand is a classic for a reason!
- Mixing bowls — these will stand the test of time.
- Baking apron — everyone needs a fun apron! This summery lemon version is adorable, as is this cupcake one for mini-bakers!
Make no mistake you’re going to love this delicious coffee cake for brunch or a special breakfast, but you may not want to wait around that long to give it a try!
If you liked this recipe be sure to pin it for later here:
And don’t forget to grab your FREE WEEK of the Healthy Meal Planning Bundle so you stress less about dinnertime this week!