If the winter blues have got you down this bright and flavorful Raspberry Mocha Smoothie will pick you up again! Raspberries aren’t cheap this time of year, but they are definitely worth splurging on in the fresh or frozen variety. Adding them to rich cocoa powder, creamy Greek yogurt, and chilled coffee makes this a decadent, but healthy treat. Or an awesome snack. Or an equally incredibly breakfast. However and whenever you want to sip it.
This smoothie is packed with some incredible healthy ingredients:
- Raspberries have key antioxidants that fight against heart disease and cancer. They also have anti-inflammatory properties and are literally one of the healthiest (and most delicious!) foods on the planet!
- Cocoa powder also has antioxidant properties and is a natural mood booster thanks to a fancy hormone called phenethylamine. (Yes, there is a scientific why chocolate makes you happy!)
- Greek yogurt is one of my favorite foods! So creamy and delicious, yet packed with probiotics and protein.
- Coffee is, of course, amazing. The caffeine in it can safely boost your energy levels and help you power through anything from playdates to meetings to workouts. Coffee also has antioxidant superpowers and regular coffee drinkers have a lowered occurrence of type 2 diabetes, dementia, and Parkinson’s disease.
So basically drink this raspberry mocha smoothie and you will live forever in happiness. (<<Sounds like a fortune cookie right?) All I’m trying to say is this smoothie recipe is super-good for you!
Raspberry Mocha Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen or fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup chilled coffee
- 3/4 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Cocoa powder
- 5-10 ice cubes depending on whether you used frozen or fresh raspberries
- Combine raspberries, coffee, yogurt, and cocoa powder in blender and pulse until smooth. Add ice and blend again until mixture is thick and creamy.
This is definitely a happy smoothie! The pretty pop of pink in this raspberry mocha smoothie is so beautiful and there is nothing like summer flavors in the dead of winter to make my tastebuds smile. (I also love this peach green smoothie for another taste of summer!) For me this makes the perfect mid-afternoon snack to pick me up and power me through the 3 pm slump.
[tweetthis]This raspberry mocha smoothie is packed with protein & antioxidants & is almost too pretty to eat. Almost! [/tweetthis]
What’s your favorite fruit or berry to add to your smoothie?
If you liked this post please pin and share with your friends!