I don’t love winter, but I’m learning to appreciate it and embrace it a little…. cozy leggings, a fire in the fireplace, the snuggly blankets, crisp snow, and hot bowls of comforting soup, like this tasty crockpot lasagna soup.
Disclosure: Bear in mind that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a commission at no extra cost to you. I will always be honest about what I like and use, whether or not you decide to buy something is completely up to you.
Lasagna is one of my favorite comfort-foods, but I rarely make it because it seems so labor intensive: boiling the noodles, all the layering–I just don’t mess with it often.
But this soup is the perfect lasagna in a bowl with less mess, prep, and clean up for you! Win-win-win!
And it’s so simple!
If you’re into easy, healthy recipes you are gonna want to grab your FREE WEEK of my Real Food, Comfort Food Meal Plan!
I made this resource for busy mom’s just like you and I think you’ll love it!! You’ll get a week’s worth of great recipes, your grocery list planned out for you, a step-by-step meal prep guide, plus leftover ideas, side dish tips and more!
Besides browning the meat, you just add the ingredients to the slow cooker and it simmers away while you go about your day, leaving you a bowl of deliciousness just in time for dinner.
This soup pairs great with a Caesar salad and whole wheat garlic toast for a simple and low-stress dinner recipe!
I love that this is a super easy and healthy dinner for busy weeknight nights! Just start it in the morning, add the noodles and spinach when you get home, and in an hour a healthy and tasty dinner is ready to go!
To make this recipe you may need:
- Crockpot with timer — This is especially key for those that work out side the home since the cook time is not a set it and forget it length.
- Crockpot liners — Promise me you will not cook in a crockpot without these little heroes! Save yourself some scrubbing, friend!
- A sweet and sturdy apron — Grease splatters, that’s all I got to say.
Benefits of Healthy Lasagna Soup
Spinach is a low-calorie, nutrient-dense vegetable that can be incorporated into any meal. The antioxidant compounds act as a natural defense of aging and may help maintain brain function. Not only is spinach rich in vitamins, but it’s also an excellent source of iron.
(Which is also why I always try to add a handful of spinach to my healthy morning smoothies!)
Lean ground turkey is a great low fat healthy protein that is super cost-effective! I like to do 90/10 cut or 85/15…I find the 93/7 just too dry! You can also brown your ground turkey with some garlic and basil for a bit of added flavor! I also really like using ground turkey sausage for this soup sometimes!
RELATED: EASY + TASTY MEATBALL RECIPE
Bone broth is soo good for you, I try to substitute it for regular chicken or beef stock as often as I can. (You can totally use regular chicken broth for this soup as well!)
Why I love bone broth….
- Glutamine — This little nutrient helps heal your gut lining and can help bolster your immunity.
- Collagen — Collagen helps with so many things! It helps improve your skin, both the elasticity and plumpness. It can also help heal acne and acne scars and improves joint health.
- Gelatin — Gelatin helps heal and improve joint function.
- Magnesium — Magnesium is a relaxing nutrient and can help improve your sleep among other things. Source
Can you freeze this lasagna soup recipe?
Yes you can! Leave the lasagna noodles and spinach out of your freezer meal prep. You can place all the other ingredients in a large freezer bag or freezer ready container.
Let defrost overnight in the fridge then add to crockpot and follow directions in recipe for adding spinach and lasagna noodles.
Freeze for up to 6 months.
This crockpot lasagna soup is the perfect example of healthy eating that doesn’t have to be hard–a tasty bowl of this soup, made with fresh and simple ingredients makes for a great spin on traditional lasagna. Make yourself a bowl of it today!Crockpot Lasagna Soup: a healthy and tasty spin on a traditional favorite! #slowcooker #recipe
How often do you cook with a slow cooker? Mine’s been out a LOT recently!
If you like this post be sure to pin it here!
Tasty Crockpot Lasagna Soup
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 4 cups chicken bone broth
- 1 can, 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 onion diced
- 2 Tablespoons Pizza seasoning, or 2 teaspoons basil and 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 6 lasagna noodles, broken
- Parmesan-Romano cheese blend for topping
- Brown ground turkey in saucepan.
- Combine ground turkey, chicken broth, diced tomatoes, marinara sauce, diced onion, pizza seasoning, and minced garlic to slow cooker. Stir and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Add fresh spinach and lasagna noodles about 1 hour before serving. Cook an additional hour until noodles are al dente and spinach is wilted.
- Top with parmesan-romano blend and serve hot!
- --Leftovers may need to have additional chicken broth or marinara added. The soup absorbs liquid when left too long!--
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1/6 recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 361Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 84mgSodium: 969mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 5gSugar: 8gProtein: 33g
Don’t forget to grab your FREE WEEK of my Real Food, Comfort Food Meal Plan!