This recipe for Spiced Pretzels are going to be your new favorite thing! I can testify to their addictiveness based on how many times I’ve been at a game night or family Christmas and have asked for the bowl of spiced pretzels to be moved away from me.
Updated December 2019
Disclosure: Bear in mind that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a commission at no extra cost to you. I will always be honest about what I like and use, whether or not you decide to buy something is completely up to you.
As I made them this past weekend I was reminded not only of their addictive power, but just how easy they are to make. Seriously.
Pretzels + butter/popcorn oil + dill + ranch packet = addictively easy snacking.
These would also make a great neighbor or friend gift. There are so many Christmas sweets this time of year it’s kind of nice to have something savory and snacky on hand. You can only eat so many Christmas cookies!
To make this recipe you may need…
- Colorful and durable bowls perfect for snack serving!
- Cookie Sheets (great price, these are similar if not the same that I have!)
- Favorite Game night games: Sequence (love for 2 or 4 people!), Munchkin (quirky, fun role playing game!), and Dutch Blitz (fast moving card game!).
- Popcorn oil is my first choice for the oil in this recipe! It is the addicting quality–or maybe that’s the ranch?!
Actually these spiced pretzels were supposed to make the trek to Indiana for our extended family Christmas, but mother nature had other ideas. We are in a pretty intense winter storm– it has been snowing almost non-stop since Thursday afternoon.
Literally snow. for. days.
We have about 10 inches at our house! Layla has loved going out to play in it. She’s a true little Michigander, loving the snow!
And I’ve loved welcoming her and daddy in from the cold with spiced pretzels and hot chocolate.
Getting this much snow reminds me of all the things we still need to get for winter….snow coat for Barrett, snow pants for mom, waterproof gloves for Layla, a sled, snowman accessories. There is no such thing as bad weather, just bad gear right?
In case you aren’t feeling outdoorsy in the snow this recipe for spiced pretzels is perfect for cozying in for a Netflix marathon, game night or football viewing. And if you have to ask for the bowl to be moved away from you I won’t judge.
These Spiced Pretzels = Addictively Easy Snacking! #nomnomnom
What is your most addictive snack?
Are you a get outside in the snow or sit inside and watch it fall kind of person?
Recipe for Spiced Pretzels
- 1 pound bag of mini pretzels
- 1 packet ranch seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons dill
- 1 cup popcorn oil or melted butter, popcorn oil is first choice, but butter works well too if you don't want to buy a special ingredient!
- Preheat oven to 200.
- Combine oil/butter, ranch seasoning, and dill in a small bowl. In large bowl pour butter/spice mixture over pretzels and gently stir until pretzels are coated.
- Spread pretzels evenly over two cookies sheets. Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool. Store in airtight container.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g