Since Labor Day is the un-official end of summer I wanted to update you what I accomplished on my Summer Bucket List.
My Summer Bucket List
1. Make homemade ice cream Chocolate with strawberries and dark chocolate! We also made vanilla which was absolutely delicious!
2. Run 3 races—Failed! I didn’t run any races this summer. Money and planning were issues, but at least I’m still running!
3. Read an inspiring non-fiction book –I read Drop Dead Healthy! And Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me and No Biking In the House (Without a Helmet).
4. Enjoy a “beach read” I read The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. It was such a cute (and easy) read! I also read The Newlyweds, The Devil Wears Prada, and Fly Away Home. Readers are Leaders!
5. Swim often (at least twice a month) I think I got in the pool 4-5 times this summer, so I’ll call this accomplished.
6. Bike my errands
7. Catch lightning bugs Yes! I helped my young cousins catch fireflies when they visited from Oregon in July.
8. Watch or participate in a small town parade Yes! I marched with my work in the Heritage Days Parade in Huntington.
9. Go on the scrambler and the Ferris wheel at a fair or festival—Nope
10. Attend a concert—Nope.
11. Go to the County Fair Yup! I went, judged a contest, saw the parade, looked at animals and projects, and most importantly ate the Whitley County 4-H fair ice cream!
12. Grill. A lot. Nate has become quite the grill master! We ate lots of burgers, chicken, steak on the grill this summer.
13. Check out a local farmer’s market We went two weeks ago with Nate’s mom and dad to the Columbia City farmer’s market and got a few plants. I also went to the Roanoke farmer’s market later in the summer and got some great, reasonably priced, fresh produce which helped our grocery budget.
14. Plant something I’m totally rocking this! Including my front planters I got a mother-in-law plant and a basil plant at the Farmer’s market in Columbia City. I then played merry-go-pots and repotted them all.
15. Go camping Even though it was a semi-fail
16. Make a s’more Probably more than I should’ve! But they were so good! Had a traditional one, one with a Reese’s cup, and one sandwiched between two chewy chips ahoy. Oh Yeah.
17. Hang out with the family at least monthly Oh definitely winning at this one! Seen Nate’s mom and dad, the whole fam, Miller extended family, family vacation lots of extended family at Dave’s open house….I’d say we’ve had family hangout at least once a week.
18. Get a dog! –No, our nomadic lifestyle has not allowed for a dog….yet. When we settle I want a dog!
19. Go on vacation Yes! We had a marvelous family vacation at Gull Lake Ministries.
20. Get in a boat. –I wanted to make this happen on vacation, but the weather didn’t cooperate.
21. Buy a new bathing suit—nah, I just made my old ones work for one more year.
22. Achieve my goal weight—Yeah, not quite there yet either. Maybe too much enjoying of Goal #1. haha! I have maintained my weight and I haven’t been too religious about tracking. So I think this fall with things stabilizing, I can discipline myself to get off the last few pounds!
23. Monthly date nights! We can make a date night out of anything!
24. Craft something from Pinterest board. Anything. I made Angry Bottles like these with a few of my clients at work. I also made Vegan Zucchini Brownies (so ohmigosh good!), Fake Febreeze (not that effective, I would not recommend) and tried a couple new workouts (both of these were fast and effective!).
25. Watch fireworks I ended up seeing a few randomly, but all the shows were cancelled this year due to the severe drought in Indiana.
26. Star gaze Yes!
27. Deep clean the house Yes! Well, moving from our rental kind of forced a deep clean. lol!
28. Go to the drive-in movie theater—We never got to the drive-in this summer.
29. Catch up with old friends My high school girlfriends just had a catch up breakfast last week and I was also able to reconnect with a college sweetie on one of our trips up to Michigan. And I got to see my bff Bethany 3 times this summer!
30. Watch a sunrise and a sunset. I’ve enjoyed lots of beautiful sunsets this summer and because of my now 45 minute commute I’ve seen a few sunrises on my way to work as well.
Well there is no denying it has been an interesting summer! I checked a whole lot off my summer bucket list! We’ve had a lot of fun and great times, but if I’m honest, there has also been a lot of stress and uncertainty. Summer has been good, but I am definitely looking forward to some stabilization (hopefully!) and my favorite season–fall!