Enjoy this Doritos Taco Salad filled with protein, healthy veggies, plus a little something extra! **HINT IT’S DORITOS**
Summer makes me crave big, delicious salads, the more ingredients the merrier! This taco salad with doritos is a twist on a salad my mom brought to many a summer gathering. I just added some more of my favorite taco toppings and swapped out the salad dressing for another one that caught my eye in the dressing aisle at Meijer. (Am I the only one that spends a looong time picking out salad dressings?)
Anyways, this salad is basically at Chipotle taco salad bowl level with the corn, black beans, avocado, and cilantro, but then add in Doritos and it’s a game-changer, really.
Taco Salad with Doritos
Taco Salad with Doritos
- 2 hearts of romaine – chopped or use whatever kind of lettuce you prefer
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning or use my DIY Taco Seasoning - 2 1/2 Tablespoons
- 1 can black beans drained
- 2 cups sweet corn
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bag nacho cheese Doritos
- 1 small bottle southwestern ranch dressing
- Brown the ground beef. Rinse and drain beef. Stir in taco seasoning. Drain beans and add to hamburger mix. When ready to eat, mix all ingredients together. Serve right away or the chips will get soggy.
- This makes a shareable amount but you can also prep all the ingredients and eat it in single servings over the course of a week or so. (Clearly your avocado will not hold, but the other ingredients will be fine!)
This taco salad with Doritos has all my favorite taco toppings which is probably why I love it so much! And I rarely (like can’t remember the last time I had them) eat Doritos by themselves, but they add just the right crunch and flavor, so seriously don’t leave them out!!
Be sure to use my Homemade Taco Seasoning in this recipe too! The seasoning is so easy to make and I love having a bunch on hand for tacos, enchiladas, and taco soup! Makes my life seriously so much easier.
What kind of salad dressing should I use with my taco salad?
Using Catalina or Western dressing is normally used in a classic taco salad recipe, BUT I chose to use southwest ranch dressing and I won’t go back! It adds just the right amount of creaminess and heat, but doesn’t compete with the taco flavor! The left dressing, Chili Lime Simply Ranch is by Hidden Valley and the right is Chipotle Ranch from Aldi, their store brand!
Is taco salad best served warm or cold?
I prefer it served cold, but having the meat warm makes it extra filling. Truly, up to your preference! No wrong way to do it!
Next week Nate and I are taking off on our “babymoon” to Traverse City! Yay! We haven’t been away together in over a year and a half when we went to Mackinac Island! Funny thing, I was pregnant then too, but much earlier with Barrett.
Do you have seasonal food cravings, or is this just the pregnancy?
Are you a fan of doritos in taco salad?
Like this Doritos Taco Salad? Be sure to pin it for later!!