Summer is grilling season and I’m not going to lie, we eat burgers a LOT! This summer I spent some time perfecting my best beef burger recipe and after some “not bad” renditions I landed on this delicious and classic hamburger patty recipe!Jump to Recipe
You can easily prep ahead these homemade burgers to make your dinner process super easy and smooth! I like to patty them out and store them in the fridge or freezer between wax paper for an easy, already prepped dinner. Anything to make the busy, summer nights easier, right?!
What should I top my hamburgers with?
I love how simple these burgers are! You can totally enjoy them plain, but the topping options are definitely worth considering!
- Cheddar and bacon
- Blue cheese and grilled onions
- Avocado and egg
- Guacamole, fresh garden veggies, and pepper jack cheese
What kind of ground beef is best for burgers?
Of course, the biggest part of your burger is the beef. Buy the highest quality ground beef you can afford — it is definitely worth it! I love to get organic, grass-fed beef for my homemade hamburger patty recipe.
I can skimp a little on another ground beef recipe (like tacos or spaghetti) but I like to use the good stuff for my burgers!
The Best Hamburger Patty Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Dales steak sauce
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients in medium bowl. Using your hands thoroughly mix all ingredients together. Divide into four. Roll and press hamburger mixture into small ball. Flatten and form into a patty. Place a slight indent in the middle with your finger to help ensure even cooking.
- Grill over medium heat for 10 minutes each side or until internal temperature reaches about 150-155 for a medium burger.
- If you prefer to cook on the stovetop (or it's cold but you still want to enjoy a burger) cook burgers on your favorite frying pan over medium heat. Press down on burgers with spatula as they cook.
Why put a dimple in a hamburger patty?
Placing a small indentation in the center of the burger helps it cook evenly! It also helps it hold it’s shape and not get puffy!
How do you keep homemade burgers moist?
- Be sure your aren’t overworking your hamburger meat. Work it just enough to get everything fully incorporated, but no longer.
- Keep your meat cold. Place your hamburger patties back in the fridge while you wait for the grill to heat up.
- Super-lean meat will tend to be drier, than more fatty options. I like to get 85/15 for burgers!
Grilling out with my family in our sweet backyard is one of my favorite summer things! Burgers are such a classic summer staple and right now they are my 5 year olds FAVORITE food. She literally can’t get enough of them!
I hope you enjoy these delicious and simple burgers! Here are some ah-freaking-mazing pairing ideas for the perfect summer dinner!
Some delicious pairings for your burgers
- garlic roasted green beans and mushrooms
- delicious cranberry feta salad!
- refreshing basil ginger lemonade
- honey lime fruit salad
- easy blueberry cobbler
Is your mouth watering? Cause mine definitely is!! I love fresh and flavorful summer foods!