Hello! It has been a very full week– officially back in the swing of things or if I’m not there is not even close to an excuse anymore!
On Tuesday I lost my voice. Couldn’t talk for more than a minute without my voice squeaking and then fading out. Not very good if your job is to talk to people. But I made it through! And it made me contemplate the deep question “If I could only say 20 words a day what would I say and to whom?” It pretty much boiled down to three “I love yous” and one “I’d like a large order of fries and a jamocha shake.” Priorities, people!
Last night I stayed up WAY too late working on photobooks from Shutterfly. I scored one 8×8 photo book for free and on 35 page 12×12 for a grand total of $43! My original bill would have been closer to $120. Yus! Here is a blast from the past 2009 which was the big book. We look so young!
Also, yes, I did make some New Years Resolutions. They are not “good goals” (actionable, measurable, specific) especially for a social worker, but they’re mine and I think they’ll work for me.
Also my little fitness update:
I didn’t go to WW this week because the weather scared me. We are in a winter storm advisory with potential white-out conditions and I just didn’t want to deal with getting stuck in something like that because my meeting is 25 minutes away from my home.
SO with no official weight to judge my week by here are my non-scale related progress notes.
Things that went well this week:
1. Worked out like a beast! I got in some form of a workout everyday this week except Tuesday (I was a total baby cause of my voice). I completed 2 weight workouts, 2 running workouts, 1 yoga workout and 1 walking workout. And I earned 26 activity points this week—a new record for me!
2. I tracked well and I did not use all my Weekly Pointsplus Allowance. So that was good. Definitely not a perfect week and I would like to see my allowance cushion closer to the 10 leftover mark, but hey, overall I think it went pretty darn well.
3. Rested when I needed to rest. Not sure what it means when your voice randomly gives out, but I took it for what it was and rested my body by sleeping and taking the day off exercise.
My Goals For the Week:
1. Up my fruit and veggie intake! I am still struggling to eat 3 servings of fruit and vegetables a day! Really, Kate, really?? Eating more of these will keep me full longer and lets face it, if I’m not hungry for an apple, I’m really not hungry.
2. 6 Days of Movement.
3. Planning ahead for meals. I need a meal schedule SO BAD! I’m so pooped physically and mentally when I get home from work that it is hard to even contemplate the “what’s for dinner?” question. Saturday I WILL PLAN 5 MEALS and prep if need be.
1. Leadership dinner with church peeps. Church dinners are generally, um, extremely hazardous to one’s healthy eating goals. My rule of thumb will be everything in moderation, fruits and veggies in excess. And don’t show up hungry!
2. Late nights at work. See #3 Above.
3. Saturday breakfast out: scout out meal options online before leaving.
My Exercise Plan:
Friday: Yoga or Rest
Saturday: 4 Mile Run
Sunday: 30 minute walk or any crosstraining
Monday: Bikini Ready Workout B
Tuesday: 3 Mile Run
Wednesday: Bikini Ready Workout A
Thursday: 3 Mile Run