Good Things from Last Week
Well my weight stayed the same this week, but with two Easters, two birthday celebrations, a baby shower, and lunch with the girls I feel like maintenance IS a win! I also ate really great Monday-Thursday and got in lots of activity this week, I even increased my 5K run time!
Not So Good Things from Last Week
Well over the weekend I really relaxed my eating, although it wasn’t such a great thing for my weight loss, it was good for my soul. Sometimes you just need to celebrate the beauty in life, like your husband’s birthday, your oldest friend having a baby, reconnections, and, oh yeah, Jesus being alive!!
- Good tracking—I honestly feel like I tracked as honestly as possible even with all the weekend craziness!
- Drinking 6 glasses of water—I got all of them in every day but Sunday!
- Deciding on a fitness goal—Well, I have decided to do a sprint triathlon in Winona Lake on June 23rd! I think this will be an awesome new challenge and I will get some good mileage in on my bike! I’m going to start an official training plain 8 weeks out, but for now I am going to start incorporating longer bike rides in with my regular running schedule.
Goals for Next Week
- Continue tracking everyday, including the Healthy Checks (6 waters, 5 fruits/vegetables, multivitamin, 2 dairy, activity, healthy oils, whole grains, and lean proteins.
- Get a little bit faster in my 5K time. Just a little bit.
- Go on two bike rides.
Obstacles To My Goals
- I’m having a Premier Jewelry party on Monday night which could turn into a snacking nightmare. But I am the cook so I am in control of the menu. I am planning on making one indulgent dessert, (Margarita Cupcakes!!!!) and keeping all the other treats pretty healthy. (i.e. veggies and dip, mixed fruit, uh, I guess that may be it—any healthy snack ideas out there?)
- Stress at work. I can walk while listening to an uplifting podcast or take a “tea time” right after work to unwind and relax.
My Exercise Plan
Friday: Strength workout
Saturday: Run 6 miles or 8 mile bike ride
Sunday: Run or bike ride
Monday: Strength workout
Tuesday: Rest (For some reason I frequently skip my Tuesday workout, I’ve been trying to break the habit, but there is just something about Tuesday….so I’ve decided to accept my lazy attitude on Tuesdays, make it my official day of rest, and stop feeling guilty for skipping!)
Wednesday: Run 3-4 miles
Thursday: Strength workout
And that is my plan for this week!
What are your goals for this week?
Any favorite snack ideas you’d like to share?