Prayer is one of the most impactful and powerful ways we can connect with God. As His followers He invites us to pray to Him regularly and passionately and boldly. These 15 Prayerful Bible Verses are full of teaching and encouragement on prayer.
Sometimes we become self-conscious when we pray or don’t know where to start. Read through them and be revived in your confidence and direction in your prayers.
For additional help growing your prayer life check out this article on LEARNING HOW TO PRAY!
Plus get your own free printable Vibrant Quiet Time Bundle with printable prayer journal below! This tool will help spur your growth in prayer and give you a visual place to record the ways God moves through your prayers!
The Best 15 Bible Verses About Prayer
1. For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. -Romans 10:12-13
Prayer begins our relationship to Jesus as we cry out to him for salvation.
2. Lord, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for mercy; in your faithfulness and righteousness come to my relief. -Psalm 143:1
God hears our prayers and always responds according to His faithful and righteous character.
3. For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer, but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.” -1 Peter 3:12
4. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. – Jeremiah 29:12
God is always listening to the prayers of His children, eager to help us.
5. Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed. -Mark 1:35
Jesus modeled the priority of concentrated prayer throughout His life.
6. One day Jesus was praying in a certain place. When he finished, one of his disciples said to him, “Lord, teach us to pray, just as John taught his disciples.” He said to them, “When you pray, say: “‘Father, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come. Give us each day our daily bread. Forgive us our sins, for we also forgive everyone who sins against us.And lead us not into temptation.” -Luke 11:1-4
Jesus gave us a model of prayer to follow: worshipping him, asking for our needs, confessing our sins.
7. So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most.” -Hebrews 4:16
8. In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence. -Ephesians 3:12
God invites us to pray big, bold prayers and approach Him with the freedom and confidence of a child running into his daddy’s arms.
RELATED: BIBLE STUDY RESOURCES
9. Epaphras, who is one of you and a servant of Christ Jesus, sends greetings. He is always wrestling in prayer for you, that you may stand firm in all the will of God, mature and fully assured. -Colossians 4:12
It is a privilege to war in prayer asking God for the strong, firm and mature faith of our brothers and sisters in Christ.
10. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. – James 5:16
Prayer can bring physical, spiritual and emotional healing, especially when done in community.
11. I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. -1 Timothy 2:1-2
12. But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. -Matthew 5:44-45
Prayer shifts our perspective; so we should pray for governments, kings and even our enemies.
13. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. -Philippians 4:6-7
Prayer combats anxiety and brings peace.
RELATED: 15 BIBLE VERSES FOR ANXIETY + WORRY
14. Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you…If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! -Matthew 7:7, 11
Prayer opens the floodgates of God’s good gifts to us.
15. Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. -1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Never stop praying.
Printable Prayer Journal
If you’re looking for a practical way to start incorporating more prayer in your daily life be sure to grab your copy of my Printable Prayer Journal and Bible Study Worksheet! These pages will help you dive deep into building your faith through consistent prayer and time in God’s Word.
You have space to respond in prayer to reading the Bible, write out a prayer list, and prayer prompts for each member of your family. I hope this printable prayer journal really jumpstarts your prayer time and help you stay more consistent and purposeful in your prayers.
So much of God’s kindness and power is poured out onto our lives through prayer. I’m so grateful that He hears my prayers and invites me to speak to Him as often as I can. I hope these prayerful Bible verses bless your walk with Jesus today!