The summer isn’t over yet! I can hardly believe that lots of folks are heading back to school this week and the rest back to the regular rhythm of the school year. Crazy! I’m just not ready yet….I want to soak in last golden days of summer. I want to be lazy. I want to ignore lists and schedules for a little while longer. But thank the Lord we live in Michigan where they like to keep summer going all the way through Labor Day! Score! So there is still lots of time to splash in the lake, chase fireflies, and fire up the grill with these raspberry balsamic pork chops.
I’ve been mulling over a fruit pork chop since this spring. It was just stuck in my head! I tried cherry and that just didn’t work out, but I learned a few things from it, like the importance of balancing flavors in a recipe. Then I saw this blueberry pork chop, but I’ve been making a lot of blueberry dishes so I decided to use my other favorite summer fruit, raspberries to make this spicier, raspberry infused pork chop.
- 4 Pork Chops, I prefer boneless, but either is fine
- 1/3 cup raspberry balsamic vinegar
- 2 T water
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ tablespoon ground basil
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon raspberry balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- Combine marinade ingredient and mix together until well combined. Pour over pork chops.
- Marinate in the fridge for at least an hour. At this point you can also pour the marinade over the chops in a freezer bag and freeze it from there. Defrost overnight when ready to use.
- For the raspberry sauce:
- Combine sugar, water, raspberries in a small pan over medium heat and heat till boiling. Reduce to simmer.
- Add in balsamic vinegar and chili flakes. Cook until sauce is reduced in half. While the sauce is cooking grill pork chops 3-4 minutes on each side until internal temperature reaches 150 degrees.
- Serve pork chops topped with raspberry sauce.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 646Total Fat: 45gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 32gCholesterol: 132mgSodium: 356mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 3gSugar: 16gProtein: 41g
Nutritional information is approximate.
These chops have a nice blend of sweet with tart, plus a touch of heat. They are a great way to get the most out of the end of your grilling season! You could also substitute chicken breasts for the pork if you prefer, just adjust the grilling time slightly. I love the beautiful color of the raspberries! There is nothing like the fresh produce of summer! Let’s get out there and enjoy it this week!
[tweetthis]Soak in the rest of summer with these Raspberry Balsamic Pork Chops! #FitFluential #myffmeal[/tweetthis]
How are you soaking in the end of summer?