I am loving these crisp fall days! There is nothing better than a chilly morning and a warm cup of deliciousness in your hand. Normally, my warm cup is coffee, but I also like to mix things up, like with this Chai Tea Almond Milk Latte. Yeah, it’s pretty amazing!
In high school I worked at a little tea and coffee shop and the owner’s make the best authentic Indian chai! Every once in awhile I get those strong cravings for it’s sweet goodness, but man is it sweet! I like to create healthier versions of my favorite treats so I can eat them more often!
Chai Tea Almond Milk Latte
- Chai tea—two tea bags or 1 ½ Tablespoons loose leaf chai
- 1 ½ cup water
- 2 whole cloves
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon or 1 cinnamon stick
- ½ teaspoon stevia
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Add tea, water, cloves, and cinnamon together in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Once boiling remove from heat and allow to steep 2-3 minutes. Add milk and vanilla.
- Return to low heat, stirring until tea is hot, but not boiling. Strain tea over tea strainer (if desired and especially if using loose leaf tea) and serve.
- If you want to enjoy your chai iced strain off tea leaves before cooling, then chill in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 75Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 26mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g
This chia tea almond latte is smooth, creamy and sweet AND you can make it at home for far less than $4 a cup. Stevia and almond milk keep it light, while still flavorful. Unless you have a handheld frother, this won’t foam up like a coffeehouse latte, but it’s still delicious. Put on some John Mayer and you are on the way to relaxation land! You can also let the latte cool and then refrigerate if you prefer an iced latte. Drink straight and cold or blend with ice for a cold treat!
[tweetthis]This chia tea almond latte is smooth, creamy and sweet! You can make it at home for far less than $4 a cup! #recipe[/tweetthis]
Whether this Thursday has you out and about or cozying in–I hope you take a moment to slow down with a delicious cup of chai. It’s one of those amazing treats that leaves you refreshed and renewed.
What is your favorite hot beverage?
WHEN YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE YOU MIGHT NEED
Milk Frother – I really want one of these…and so cheap…. 😀
Tea Strainer -This is not the exact same as mine, but pretty similar.
Simple Tea Pot -Mine is a Longaberger pottery that I love, but I don’t think it is available anymore. But every grown lady needs a tea pot. This version comes in a variety of colors too!