Is it warming up where you live? Our high today is 60 degrees! This girl is ready to bust out the shorts and t-shirts and fire up the grill! I was out running last week and someone in our neighborhood was grilling already….mmmm….that smell had me craving burgers. But not just any burger (oh no-no-no) BIG, JUICY, CHEESEBURGERS with sauce oozing out the sides with lettuce and a soft bun. My. Oh. My.
This burger recipe is quintessentially “our style” of burger. If you come over to our house during the warm months I will be pattying up these burgers and Nate will be throwing them on the grill! I grew up in a plain patty kind of household and converted to a throw everything but the kitchen sink in patty and then after a few overly salty-spiced disasters, we’ve landed in the middle. The beef (grass-fed, lean) is the star, the cheddar and southwest sauce complement it in the most tasty way.
Oh and the southwest sauce seems fancy and will totally impress all your friends, but it’s not fancy at all. It’s so easy to whip up with just a few things you already have. I’ll totally keep it a secret if you will.
I suggest serving with lettuce for crunch and maybe onions if that’s your thing. Also, be sure to do up some fries (I loved baked sweet potato fries!) so you can dip them in the extra sauce. Mmm–mmm.
Cheddar Burgers with Southwest Sauce
- 1 pound grass-fed lean ground beef
- 1/3-1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 Teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 Teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Sliced Cheddar cheeese
- For Southwest Sauce:
- 1/4 cup ketsup
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup southwest ranch dressing
- Use hands to mix all ingredients thoroughly. Divide into 4 separate sections, roll each section into a ball and then form a patty. Use your thumb to make a dimple in the center of the patty to help it cook evenly in the center. (Optional--During the last minute top burger with cheddar cheese slice)
- Place on grill (or in a lightly greased fry pan) and cook 3-5 minutes on each side until cooked to desired doneness.
- Stir ketsup, barbecue sauce, and southwest dressing together to form sauce.
- Layer bun, patty, sauce, and cheese on bun. EAT!
You won’t regret making these burgers! They are great kickstart to the grilling season and the cheddar cheese & southwest sauce takes them up a notch from ordinary burgers!
[tweetthis]Grilled Cheddar Burgers with Southwest Sauce. Yes Please! #recipe #grilling[/tweetthis]
Have you grilled yet this year? What’s your favorite thing to make on the grill?
If you liked this post you may also enjoy…
Thanks for reading! If you like this post be sure to pin, share and tweet it! Linking up to Tried it Tuesday & Tasty Tuesday & Momma Told Me & Recipe Friday & Foodie Friday…check out some other great link parties too!