Fall is a great time to get outside and get active with your family! My family loves fall activities and traditions out in the crisp autumn air. It’s really my favorite time of year!!
So get your pumpkin spice latte or hot apple cider, strap on your tall boots, layer on your fav cozy cardigan and circle scarf, let’s really get out and bask in this fall! Use this list of perfect fall activities to get your whole family out enjoying the season!!
Fall Activities for Active Family Fun
- Go hiking on a local trail! Use good old Google to find one in your area; many are stroller-friendly and have short out and back options. There is no place like the woods to enjoy fall’s splendor.
- Apple-picking! Great way to get moving, experience agriculture, and collect a delicious snack. One of our family’s personal favorite traditions!
- Geocaching is a fun way to explore your neighborhood or a new place! Use a geocaching app to find secret treasures, fill out the log book, and return it to it’s hiding spot!
- Go to the zoo! Cooler weather is great for seeing lots of animals and you’ll avoid crowds. We are big fans of our membership to the Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo — it’s worth a visit if you’re in the midwest!
- Take a walk around your neighborhood with your kids.
- Bike together! We have a great biking trail, the Panhandle Pathway near our house I’d like to test out this year! Our kids have all loved this Balance Bike!
- Play Ultimate Frisbee or Disc Golf. Take it easy on the kids. 😉
- Play tag. My kids especially love freeze tag and toilet tag. Lol! Kids!
- Go on a nature scavenger hunt walk looking for fall finds on a trail, at a park or in your neighborhood. Use my printable to make it extra easy!
- Throw the football back and forth.
- PLAY with your kids on the playground! Race! Tag! Hide! Do a pull-up!
- Navigate a corn maze. I love this kind of adventure! And the corn is VERY plentiful here in Indiana.
- Catch leaves together. (Use them to make a sweet preschool leaf craft afterwards if you’re feeling ambitious.)
- Rake leaves. Jump into pile. Repeat.
- Plant a mum or fall bulbs that will bloom in the spring together.
- Do an urban scavenger hunt in a downtown area using this fun guide!!
- Do a 5K and/or family fun run together. Check to be sure it is family-friendly and if your kids are small bring a stroller (we love our Phil & Teds Stroller — see my review here!) just in case they get tired.
What can you do in the fall for kids?
Really, what NOT can you do in the fall with kids? This is a great season for enjoying the outdoors with your little ones and creating fun memories and traditions. I’d just avoid anything overly scary (Haunted Houses are out till they’re teens for us!).
What are some other fun things to do on a chilly fall day?
What are some of your favorite fall activities?
If you’re looking for some easy and healthy fall dinner ideas be sure to check out my FREE 4 Week Fall Meal Plan!