I love starting my day with this healthy overnight oats recipe for a tasty and healthy and EASY breakfast! It is such a fantastic breakfast option that involves no prep in the morning, which I love!
I am all about anything that I can make ahead in a quiet moment to make the hectic moments less crazy. And now that I’m getting not one, but two kids breakfast every morning breakfast time can get uh, overwhelming, to say the least.
Disclosure: Bear in mind that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a commission at no extra cost to you. I will always be honest about what I like and use, whether or not you decide to buy something is completely up to you.
You can also make ahead a whole week of these easy overnight oats and then have all your healthy breakfasts prepped for the week ahead! You are so smart.
This easy make ahead oatmeal is perfect for when you need something mindless to grab and you don’t want it to be a pop-tart!
Or when your kids are crying and you just need something for everyone to eat FAST!
Do you eat this breakfast hot or cold?
You can enjoy your overnight oats cold or heat them in the microwave with additional 2-3 Tablespoons of milk.
What other flavors can I make?
The sky is the limit! I love to experiment with different flavor combinations–I’m liking the sound of cinnamon, apple and walnut or peanut butter and banana! (<<I’m pretty obsessed with this combo as evidenced by my Banana Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal and Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie!)
Are overnight oats good for weight loss?
This berry overnight oats recipe has whole grains, high fiber, healthy fats, and berries packed with antioxidants and natural sweetness! They have no refined sugar which make them a great choice for a healthy breakfast. Overnight oats also make a great healthy snack that will keep you full and give you sustainable energy!
So prep yourself some delicious and healthy berry overnight oats in some cute little mason jars and make your life easier and healthier!
What do I need to make this healthy overnight oats recipe?
- You may want to grab some cute glass jars for meal prepping these overnight oats! Love that they are perfectly portable too!
- You can get chia seeds almost anywhere these days, but this is a great deal on a LOT of chia seeds! I also love chia seeds for my morning smoothies!
- A tiny whisk comes in handy for many kitchen recipes, like this one, but also in a yummy chai tea latte or peanut butter hot chocolate.
If you like this recipe be sure to pin it and share it with your friends!!
Healthy Overnight Oats Recipe
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 Tablespoon chia seed
- 1 Tablespoon of maple syrup or honey
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup raspberries or blueberries or mixed berries
- 2 Tablespoons walnuts or slivered almonds
- Whisk oats, almond milk, chia seed, sweetener and vanilla together. Place in refrigerator overnight. Top with berries and nuts in the morning before eating.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 483Unsaturated Fat: 0g